Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early House, Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 08-12-2009 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

How's it goin'
    I work the night shift in a hotel and am looking for a pub for a few drinks early in the morning(7am). I usally go to Ned's on Townesend St. But don't really like the "clientele". Can anybody recommend somewhere thats nice for a few quiet pints (i.e less of the needle in the arm type!) with the lads after we finish work.
    Cheers
    AML

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

As far as I've heard The Windjammer on that street is a quiet enough early house. They don't take kindly to people who have been up all night partying so it might be the type of place that you'd want for a couple of quiet ones after the nightshift.

I've never been in it though so can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Not sure if it still is, but the Boar's head on capel st was an early house and was grand. but that's a few years ago being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jackthekipper

What about The White Horse, down the quays from the Q Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

What about The White Horse, down the quays from the Q Bar.

yeah, nice place and does food in morning . No scumbags or party people. Alternatively go to conolly station and sit in their bar which opens early too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jackthekipper

yeah, nice place and does food in morning . No scumbags or party people. Alternatively go to conolly station and sit in their bar which opens early too.

It is a nice place, only been there at night. Although it did feature (under cover reporter met someone in there) in that Prime Time show about cocaine, then again where didn't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

It is a nice place, only been there at night. Although it did feature (under cover reporter met someone in there) in that Prime Time show about cocaine, then again where didn't?

Unfortunately ''The Whitehorse'' is under new management, not even called ''The Whitehorse'' anymore. but they dont open early, we used to go there after the night shift, came across some scumbags once who accused me of being a pearse st. garda in my navy suit, the bar men kicked em out doe, but it turns out there is a gard in pearse st thats im the image of according to the woman who runs ''Ned's'' on townsend st. so im screwed no matter where i go. ''The Boars Head'' we havnt been to so it looks like we'll be going there. mite check out connolly doe too. any other suggestions folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

the chancery on the quays. beside the legal eagle down by the fourcourts.

few characters in it usually but ive never seen any trouble. usually a mix of shift workers, partyers and alco's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There's also the "Galway Hooker" in Heuston Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Neds used to be a lovely early house, but not any more... Your best bet is the Windjammer. Well run and self regulating ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

molloys on talbot street and the boars head on capel street are two. there are loads of them around though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Did they not change the laws around early houses there a year or 2 ago ? Thought they are all gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

The chancerys your best bet they do breakfast now aswell.There was a law passed but its that the early houses cant get another early licence so when it runs out thats it..

the restaurant royale on stephen street opens early and does breakfast too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Slattery's on Capel St. is still doing the job. Well run too.

the metro on parnell street. dont know if its still open though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

cheers for the hints and tips lads, enjoyed a great few pints in the windjammer.
    The new early house for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement