Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good quality blank brand of DVD please.

Options
  • 08-12-2009 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

In the past I've used various blank CDs but unfortunately some of them have lost the data.

I want to backup some files so could anyone recommend a good brand that will hold the info for decent amount of time.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I haven't had problems with verbatim -r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

[quote=[Deleted User];63409368]Tescos own. Cant go wrong. [/quote]

Any idea who makes them?

What are the Sony DVD's like?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

A lot of the common brands (Maxell, Memorex, Philips etc) you see on the shelf are the same disk just repackaged with different branding, mostly produced by a company called Ritek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritek).

Verbatim are hands down the best quality available. Plenty of disc burning packages like Nero have a disc analysis application with will give show you in a quantifiable chart the disc quality, Verbatims vs pretty much any other brand are in a totally different league. Do a quick google search for Verbatim vs ...... and fill in the blank with any other brand and you'll see exactly what I mean. Hope thats of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Splinters wrote: »
    A lot of the common brands (Maxell, Memorex, Philips etc) you see on the shelf are the same disk just repackaged with different branding, mostly produced by a company called Ritek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritek).

Verbatim are hands down the best quality available. Plenty of disc burning packages like Nero have a disc analysis application with will give show you in a quantifiable chart the disc quality, Verbatims vs pretty much any other brand are in a totally different league. Do a quick google search for Verbatim vs ...... and fill in the blank with any other brand and you'll see exactly what I mean. Hope thats of some help.

Thats very helpful, I think I'll go out and buy a 10 pack soon.

Much obliged.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Greenman wrote: »
    In the past I've used various blank CDs but unfortunately some of them have lost the data.

I want to backup some files so could anyone recommend a good brand that will hold the info for decent amount of time.

Thanks.:)

Sorry, are you looking for DVD's or CD's?
    And yeah, Verbs rule, bought some Taiyo Yuden which come highly recommended and are spoken of as the industrie standard and found fingerprints and holesin the dye, but have never heard a bad thing about Verbs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement