Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisoc epc2425 , NTL 20 mb

• 08-12-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Quick one,

Got 20 mb NTL broadband the other week and all is going well, I want to access my router to change the level of security and to check a couple of ports.

The ip address they gave me for router does not work. So basically I can't connect onto my router, anyone got any help or suggestions. The ip Address I was given was 192.168.1.1

I checked out boards.ie for some clues and someone there tried 192.168.100.1

Both just keep timing out any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

If you're using a windows machine...

START -> RUN -> Type in 'cmd'
    (without the quotes) Press Enter.

That'll bring up a Command Prompt window.

Type 'ipconfig' and press Enter. You should see some "Windows IP Configuration" information.

You are looking for the "Default Gateway" address. That's what you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NenaghBoy

Trying to do the exact same thing at the moment... the default gateway is given as 192.168.1.1 and that doesnt work...

Anybody have any other ideas for accessing the router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

I think some routers have issues if you have a wireless setup.

Try again with the router wired

Just a guess, I'm not as techy as most on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Just reboot your router and try again.
    It'll connect for you then.
    If you ever try and connect to your router and it won't allow you, a reboot should resolve the issue.
    It'll ask you for a username and password.
    Leave both blank and press okay.
    This'll bring you into the router setup page.
    Just click on set-up on the top right, and make whatever changes you wish.

Advertisement