Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Music Review - The Resotones

Options
  • 08-12-2009 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have been to a lot of gigs over the years and just this year came across this band called the Resotones (4 piece band from dublin/wexford). Now they have not released anything (to my knowledge anyway) but their live show is absolutely amazing. I ended up loving them from the first time I saw them and have since went back to get my fix another 4 or 5 times now.

What they sound like?

Not just like any other band out there they seem to be doing something just a little different. The closest I could compare them to would be to Tom Baxter (but electric and better), with a dash of hearty guitar and well composed songs also you can feel and hear some elements of Jeff Buckley in there too.

What I love is that you can hear every word in each song and the words are so strong and passionate. While also the thought process put into the guitars/vocals/drums and bass are so well crafted it adds a lot to the songs and not just a good guitar and good voice. They really have a rounded set up.

The last time I saw them was in The Crawdaddy playing support to the Jades on their album launch and it has to be said they blew the support act out of the water. The girls are a good pop/rock band while the Resotones could perform almost anywhere and wow the crowd.

If they are playing near you soon do try and go check them out as i'm sure it will be a gig to remember.

Now down to the star rating, I would have to give them 4 out of 5. I'm holding off on the coveted 5th star because I know this band will deliver so much more in the years to come and I don't want to say they are at their peak with a 5 star performance just yet. I can't wait to see them again in 2010.

Advertisement