Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time remapping/variable speed function in Final Cut Pro

Options
  • 08-12-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on using the variable speed function in Final Cut Pro 5? I have been messing around with it but I find it quite awkward to use.

To put it in context, I have a 30 second POV shot of cycling down a tunnel. I want to gradually speed up, quickly reverse and then gradually speed up the shot at varying intervals. I find that to increase or decrease speed at gradual increments I need to use a lot of keyframes! Is there a simpler way?

Is it possible to stretch out the 30 second shot for as much time as I require? In this case, 3 minutes.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Yeah, I've heard it's easier in vegas. I'd assumed the keyframes would work similarly to the envelopes in vegas but I can't seem to do gradual speed increases with them, it just jumps suddenly from one speed to another. I'll just have to spend more time with it!
    Thanks anyway :)

Advertisement