Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PS3 died, need a new one

• 08-12-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

So, I'm just writing this story about my ps3 dying so people with the same issue have some consolidation that they are not the only ones.

I have an 80GB USA PS3, I had it for 2 years now so it's out of warranty.

The problem with it is that it overheats now and again and shuts down. three beeps and blinking red light. The problem with the overheating is in the motherboard and can't be fixed by console shops ( I tried two). It's not the heat conducting adhesive, or a malfunctioning fan.

If I want to have it fixed by Sony, it'll cost me $150 and I have to send it back to the US, which is problematic with customs and such. (2xE60 for shipping and you've got $300, which is the price of a new one)

Anyway, because I have 10+ games, it would be silly not to get a new one.

Now, what I would like to know, if anybody knows a good store (online or not) with good customer service that can offer 2 or better 3 year warranty on a ps3. Cause I'm afraid it'll happen again.

Anybody have ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

As far as I know Game are the only one's that will offer an extended warranty..for a price.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7125

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Smyths will give you a refurb for 160.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Argos do too, AFAIK, but you only get one go with it. If it dies after 13 months, you get a replacement, but the insurance is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Thanks guys, I was hoping for more like three years. I think the best offer is from Game, up to this point, at least they do the shipping and stuff you know, even if it is for a price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I believe harvey normans do a 3 year warrenty on console. Did when I bought a Wii from them over a year ago!

• Advertisement
Advertisement