Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2010 Transfer Window

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Think this is going to be a crucial transfer window if we are going to maintain a challenge this season.

There is talk in the papers today that we are interested in Carlton Cole and that Robbie Keane is on his way to Celtic. Pav is surely def on his way out. So we may need two strikers! Who? Van Nistelrooy would be an interesting one, Huntelaar has failed again at Milan an maybe available.

Of the central midfield only Palacious really instills confidence. The others are so inconsistent - so central midfield could be beefed up a bit? Scott Parker? Scott Brown from Celtic as part of the Keane deal? Carrick returns? The Brasilian lad Sendro?

Defensively too we are so injury prone with Leds & Woody. Is it time to cut them & bring in quality cover that can actually play every week. What about Matty Upson?f Bale surely has had his last chance? BAE looks out of form again?

There's no doubt our squad has great room for improvement.

Who do you want to bring in? And who should be moved on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Can't see Keane going to Celtic until he is in his 30s and fit for nowhere else. Besides they haven't got the money to pay his wages. Brown is injured and is not up to premiership standard.

Pav will go and be replaced by Sandro. Think we will also sign a keeper. Apart from that, I don's see much movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Pav will be gone! Wont be replaced! HArry only wants 3 strikers at the club!
    A new keeper will come in on loan till the end of the season!
    Possibly Sandro then coming in!
    Maybe a substitute for palacious on the short term, maybe viera!!

Other than that, there'll be nothing! The window will be quiet for us for now!! Think its time to give the squad some time together without chops and changes every transfer window

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think centre-mid is the key area as we only have one player like Wilson. If Sandro is capable of slotting straight into the first team then get him in.

Outside that, I reckon a backup keeper is all we'll bring in. I don't think we're too far away from having adequate cover for the remainder of the season with those too though. Defence is a bit light but between King, Dawson, and Bassong, hopefully we'll have a bit of consistency.

Bale is not good enough at left back but definitely provides something on the wing. He has more pace than either of the Croatian's and has a great cross/free-kick, he just cannot play in defence.

Advertisement