Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjust ban on airsoft adverts

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys..

I made a smart comment in the below thread which Lemming gave me a 1 month ban over.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055760487

I've talked to him about it but he hasn't come back to me on reducing it.
    I think one month is ridiculous for a comment like this...I've seen far worse comments on adverts eg threadspoiling, post links of cheaper items etc but they only get a warning.
    Yet because I made a comment which Lemming seems to think I was challenging his authority I get a one month ban?? very unjust...I'd say it maybe at most deserved a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you discussed it with the CMod, if you're not happy with Lemming's response?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks Buffy...is Gordon the Cmod?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The CMods for sports are uberwolf and Sparks - so PM one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Berkut, you were banned for the length of time that you were for several reasons;

First of all, you were banned for thread-spoiling. Regardless of how long you think you should have been banned for, rest assured you would have been banned for a minimum of two weeks. I do not care how witty you thought you were being, humour for its own sake is not welcome in the adverts forum for one simple reason; people stand to lose money - or feel that they have - if a post is taken up wrong due to one person's idea of humour not being anothers.

Secondly, you decided to try and be funny in a thread that was already under moderation, and you really should have known, given your post count, not to have gotten involved at that point. That's akin to robbing a shop in front of a Garda, then laughing at him and going "nah nah nah nah naaaah" and then wondering why he's got you face down on the ground and mentioning something about maximum sentences.

Thirdly, and most important to the duration of your ban, you have over 2,600 posts to your name. You know how boards.ie works. You know how adverts works, and you have absolutely no excuse for ignorance of the rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement