Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

...not too sure why I'm wading into this thread but ....would be familiar with this band in so far as I'd have heard my son playing them from time to time and he'd put a few tracks onto my mp3 player. That much tells you that I'm an old bastard more at home with Deep Purple as a teenager.

Anyway, I was quite saddened by the death of James Owen Sullivan. I rated him as a drummer and was looking forward to him maturing as a player.

The band are more flash than substance, but had enough going to parhaps turn it into something memorable in time. Maybe this might provide that kick in the nuts. ACDC and Back in Black comes to mind.

ok ...back over to the electronic music forum with me for a few days :)

Party on ,
    Mick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Drummer found dead today:eek:

Know I don't like them, but still not good to hear.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Holy sh*t.... RIP to The Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

fu*king natural causes
    what was he 20 odd?

god love his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

RIP REV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Poor auld Jimmy aye? 22Years old I think he was, far to young :(

R.I.P Rev, I'm glad I was able to enjoy seeing him live in Ireland
    A7X won't be the same with out 'em :(
    Even if you hated them you would defo fell bad for his family at this time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

RIP.. its never good when anyone dies that young.. out of curiousity didnt he write the majority of their songs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

RIP Rev, never good to hear news like this
    RIP.. its never good when anyone dies that young.. out of curiousity didnt he write the majority of their songs??

Yeah he wrote most of the songs. Ive read interviews where shadows has said he'll just arrive in and have a full song worked out,

I never liked their look but i did enjoy some of their music especially city of evil and the latest album avenged sevenfold.

He was only 28 far too young, Cannot see how this was natural causes from what ive seen of him he was off his face most of the time. He was a very talented drummer its a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

RIP Rev, never good to hear news like this

Yeah he wrote most of the songs. Ive read interviews where shadows has said he'll just arrive in and have a full song worked out,

I never liked their look but i did enjoy some of their music especially city of evil and the latest album avenged sevenfold.

He was only 28 far too young, Cannot see how this was natural causes from what ive seen of him he was off his face most of the time. He was a very talented drummer its a shame
    i heard this today me and my friends are devestated over this :(

i as on a7x and kerrang.com and i took this statment off it

Avenged Sevenfold drummer James Owen 'The Rev' Sullivan was found dead in his Huntingdon Beach home yesterday (December 28) at approximately 1pm PST. He was 28 years old.

The Orange County Coroner's Office is currently investigating his death, but at this stage it is thought Sullivan died of natural causes.

"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan," reads an official statement from the band. "Jimmy was not only one of the world’s best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy’s family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time. Jimmy you are forever in our hearts. We love you."

Kerrang!'s thoughts are with Sullivan's friends and family at this sad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

RIP Rev.

I love Avenged Sevenfold. Really sad to hear about this. I really rated him as a top drummer.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I cant believe he's dead. It's mad. So glad I got to see them at Metallica but really wanted to see them again after the terrible sound that ruined it for me.

Wonder what they're gonna do now

RIP Rev.

"everybody's gotta die sometime..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

dont worry a7x they will prob replace him by next week. its sounds bad but that is how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

it's stephen gately all over again

RIP Rev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I wouldnt be so sure though. They more than likely would but he was pretty much the one that kept them altogether. They all loved him. If ya watch any of their videos they're all just hangin off of him like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ahhh the drummers curse strikes again.

Decent band, didnt like them live when I saw them back in 2006 with Metallica, watching that guitarist scale the guitar for about 10mins straight just got on my nerves. But I thought they got really strong since and some of their live vids on youtube are amazing. They are (/were) all very talented artists in their own right, that singer is one of the strongest live singers. Pity they had to be so goddamn invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Shame to see another great musician die before they are 30.

Advertisement