Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi repeater

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Can I get a repeater to boost the signal further in the house. The Modem is on ground floor but signal is weak in attic conversion. What do I need?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

Can I get a repeater to boost the signal further in the house. The Modem is on ground floor but signal is weak in attic conversion. What do I need?
    TIA

What is the make and model - The linksys device at approx 40 euro can act as a repeater - wrt54g i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

BT Voyager. I have another one of these plus a netopia. can they work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

better off extending phone cable and plugging router in upstairs where signal will penetrate up and down easily.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    better off extending phone cable and plugging router in upstairs where signal will penetrate up and down easily.

thanks but not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

you need a wireless access point, you can pick them up anywhere online
    komplett access points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

The linksys wrt54g works well as a repeater, but you have to download the latest firmware upgrade from www.dd-wrt.com and install it.

Thanks guys. Can a netopia be used as a repeater?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

Thanks guys. Can a netopia be used as a repeater?

Yes you could "daisy chain" a RJ45 cable to a free port on the back of the router.
    Not sure how effective it would be though.

Advertisement