Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet X model C wheelset, (new) perfect for winter training €125

• 08-12-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭

Model%20C-800.jpg

Retail from Planet X: £125+£23 shipping=£148 = ~€165

Brand new, never ridden. Perfect wheelset for winter training. 1,743g with very solid 32 spoke construction- this is a fair bit lighter than most entry-level wheelsets.

Looking for €125.
    Planet X wrote:
    Designed for general road riding, the Model C's use v-section semi-aero rim laced using butted spokes onto Planet-X Superlight hubs. Supplied with a set of Planet-X quick release levers.

FRONT HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 32 hole, 100mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings

REAR HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 32 hole, 130mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings. Shimano 10 spd compatible.

RIMS: 32/32 hole clincher, black, 30mm v-section

SPOKES: Black single butted, built 3-cross on both sides front and rear

NIPPLES: Alloy

WEIGHT:
    Front - 785g
    Rear - 958g
    QR's - 105g

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Hi Blorg,

I'm not fully up on compatibility, will these wheels work with shimano 9 speed? Or is there no compatability between the two?

If they will work, I'll offer €100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hi Brian,

I think they should be 9 speed compatible, almost all ten speed wheels are with the exception of some very few that used raised splines. I'll double check tonight. I would want more than €100 though, if I don't get close to the asking I'll keep them and use them for cyclocross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I emailed them earlier and they said that they varied but I just checked and they are 10-speed only. This does have the benefit if you are running 10 speed that you will not get the cassette digging into the splines (10 speed only is raised splines.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Hi Blorg,

Thats ok then, I'm just looking to replace my damaged wheels, I can't really afford to upgrade the groupset as well (much as I may want to!)

Thanks anyway

Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Still for sale?

• Advertisement
Advertisement