Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth options for car that is already set up ?

• 08-12-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

The wife has a car that seems to have an inbuilt bluetooth set up. I am assumming that this is the case because the steering wheel has buttons on it to activate it etc.
    What do I need to buy to link this up to her phone ? Just a headset or an actual car kit ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

The wife has a car that seems to have an inbuilt bluetooth set up. I am assumming that this is the case because the steering wheel has buttons on it to activate it etc.
    What do I need to buy to link this up to her phone ? Just a headset or an actual car kit ?

Thanks

Type of car? My car has a picture of a phone on one of the buttons, but the feature wasn't bought as an option by the original purchaser. Most multifunction steering wheels have a standard layout of buttons, regardless of whether all of the features are available or not.

If you have bluetooth built in, you don't need anything other than instructions to use it.

If not you need a whole kit, mic, speakers and main unit/ box that get hidden behind the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Cheers its a BMW 1 series 2005, bought 2nd hand this year.
    So how would I check if it has the system built in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

The user manual will have instructions in it (probably regardless of wheter the car has the option or not) I'd start by putting the phone into search for new bluetooth devices mode and turn on the ignition to see if it picks anything up that way.

Advertisement