Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing in the name for no.1 this xmas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Inquitus wrote: »
    Tom Morello is donating all his profits from this to a UK Charity.

According to a quote from him, Morello is donating some of his proceeds to charity.
    All the money that RATM get is going to charity

No it's not.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Got me a credit card today, any way to buy the same song more than once on iTunes? Also how close is it in Ireland? I'm guessing it's favorite in Britain rather than Ireland.

Info here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=231784611232

Last I saw, it was 2nd in both charts. But the Irish Christmas #1 sales start with purchases from Dec 18th, so all those downloads so far won't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Takk wrote: »
    According to a quote from him, Morello is donating some of his proceeds to charity.

Yeah, I think this needs to be highlighted if people are doing this. Don't waste your money buying the song now.

Wait until Friday the 18th to buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

RATM was 60% ahead this morning from downloads, but Joe's music video & CD's were released to day, so the gap is now supposed to have closed into about 15/20%.

RATM now bookies favourite for #1 though, so still in with a very good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

n1076161200_3236.jpgTheres only 2 more days to go in the race to get the UK number 1, and Simon Cowells X Factor Crap is starting to come back against Rage Against the Machine, we need the help of every music fan out there! So be a part of giving Cowell a kick in the nads, its only 79p for gods sake.

Please go to the HMV UK site and download Killing In The Name-from the band Rage Against The Machine.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/digitalProductDetails.do?productId=10561810&ctx=-1;8;-1;-1;-1

and download it before Saturday Night 19 Dec., Irish Credit Cards work on this site without changing it to an Irish version!, Just tick the button for "enter details manually" so that you dont need a postcode.

This sale should probably count as a UK Chart sale, as its in sterling, but I am not 100% sure of this.
    Please pass this on to your friends.

DONT LET HIM WIN!:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Rage Against the Machine is now number one on iTunes, Joe is number 2.

Rage Against the Machine's album is also number 6. It doesn't count to the singles chart if you buy the album, people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I love this

What did the BBC expect, telling them not to do something, when they're about to play a song that's all about 'not doing what they tell you'..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

funkyflea wrote: »
    I love this

What did the BBC expect, telling them not to do something, when they're about to play a song that's all about 'not doing what they tell you'..
    Ha that's deadly. It's like a real life Alan Partridge moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So do i buy this today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Please go to the HMV UK site and download Killing In The Name-from the band Rage Against The Machine.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/digitalProductDetails.do?productId=10561810&ctx=-1;8;-1;-1;-1

and download it before Saturday Night 19 Dec., Irish Credit Cards work on this site without changing it to an Irish version!, Just tick the button for "enter details manually" so that you dont need a postcode.

Sure about this?
    Even when u enter an Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

funkyflea wrote: »
    I love this

Recording of it:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Phantom fm are actually running ads asking people to support the drive to be rid of X Factor's grasp on the christmas number 1...a whole page of details here:

http://phantom.ie/entertainment/3130-rage-against-the-xmas-no-1.html

Personally I think it's ****ing ridiculous we in Ireland cannot conjour up one original idea on our own. England coughs, Ireland catches a cold.

It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Phantom fm are actually running ads asking people to support the drive to be rid of X Factor's grasp on the christmas number 1...a whole page of details here:

http://phantom.ie/entertainment/3130-rage-against-the-xmas-no-1.html

Personally I think it's ****ing ridiculous we in Ireland cannot conjour up one original idea on our own. England coughs, Ireland catches a cold.

It's embarrassing.

Ah Christ, more cynics! It's a good idea, what difference does it make whose idea it is!? Are you England biased or something? Would it make any difference if someone from Scotland or France came up with the idea!? :rolleyes:

yeah who cares?

Anyway, just bought mine from itunes there. Its #1. Joe is #2.

quarryman wrote: »
    yeah who cares?

Anyway, just bought mine from itunes there. Its #1. Joe is #2.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

English Xmas Chart finishes tomorrow night and the Irish Xmas chart only starts today I believe so I was going to buy one from UK iTunes and one from Irish iTunes today. Make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Done

Bought of HMV UK for that chart and 7digital.ie for Irish

Here is link for Irish one
    http://tiny.cc/7digitalireland

Also just like to say, I like Joe, think he is talented and wish him well, but I still like the idea of this.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Done

Bought of HMV UK for that chart and 7digital.ie for Irish

Here is link for Irish one
    http://tiny.cc/7digitalireland

Also just like to say, I like Joe, think he is talented and wish him well, but I still like the idea of this.

Ditto. This is a fight against The X-Factor not Joe. Best of luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i think its really really sad to see how easily manipulated the general public are. You arent hurting Xfactor, you're just making their creators and the big labels more money by buying one of their other products. If you want to hurt xfactor then campaign for some unknown, unsigned band. Ye's really are like lemmings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I'd love to see rage against the machine no 1

iamhunted wrote: »
    i think its really really sad to see how easily manipulated the general public are. You arent hurting Xfactor, you're just making their creators and the big labels more money by buying one of their other products. If you want to hurt xfactor then campaign for some unknown, unsigned band. Ye's really are like lemmings.

And again with the naysayers. I'll quickly recap much of what has been said in the thread:

Long story short; It's not about the money or who's making it. We don't want an X-Factor number 1 again this year. What are the honest chances of an "unknown, unsigned band" making the Xmas number 1 compared to Rage?????? Well????????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Trevor O wrote: »
    And again with the naysayers. I'll quickly recap much of what has been said in the thread:

Long story short; It's not about the money or who's making it. We don't want an X-Factor number 1 again this year. What are the honest chances of an "unknown, unsigned band" making the Xmas number 1 compared to Rage?????? Well????????
    In fairness though, RATM are an unknown band to a lot of people, especially the type of person that still buys singles.

• Advertisement

I don't care about hurting xfactor or otherwise. But i think it would be great to see RATM #1 for Christmas instead of some manufactured Xfactor s**t.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness though, RATM are an unknown band to a lot of people, especially the type of person that still buys singles.

They may not be as mainstream as the Bon Jovis of the world and whatnot but you'd be surprised by how many people that don't know Rage would know that song. Granted it's probably soley for the fact that "f*ck" is in the lyrics. (You think "Sex On Fire" would have been as successful as it was if it was called "Love On Fire"?).

But I don't even think the campaign is aimed at those people anyway. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's it's aimed at the kind of person who never buys singles (such as myself)! I reckon they're depending on the Rage (/Rock/Metal whatever you want to call it) fanbase as the main buyers of the song!

How upsetting would it be to the charts if a bunch of people who never normally buy singles suddenly bombarded the chart at blew X-Factor off the top!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bought it off Amazon UK yesterday, not sure if it counts towards the UK or Irish charts, will probably get it off eyeTunes later today. Bookies have Joe at 1/10 for the UK number 1 now and they're not wrong all too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

ludichris wrote: »
    Calling all rock fans!
    Tired of the xfactor going to the top!
    cant stand children in need!
    well then just buy killing in the name by Rage against the machine from itunes and lets see if we can make this thing happen!
    lots of other people are posting this on other sites and we are trying to make it as big as possible! Spread the news!

no, doing this is slightly worse than buying into the x factor mania

Trevor O wrote: »

the chances would be pretty good if the place was full of people like yourself running round telling people what single to buy for a christmas no 1. I take it you just don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

The track appears 3 times on 7digital http://ie.7digital.com/charts/track

Does it make any difference which one you buy or would these tracks all have individual entries in the charts if they were all to sell enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

This is the most ironic campaign ever

It's a real-life version of Animal Farm!

i think its the best viral marketing campaign cowell ever came up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

how are the people buying this like lemmings? because RATM are signed? This is a grassroots campaign organised by a part time dj in London, it has nothing to do with labels. There's no marketing. Its all facebook. You can't have a movement, or if you want to be dramatic, 'revolution', with one person. So yes there's delegation, there has to be, and it's been very effective.
    This is a campaign to end the banality/repitition of the syrupy ballad xmas number 1, and it's 3 month publicity trail. I think the real reason is because people are sick to death of the same 20 songs on the radio everyday, the dumbing down of society and the assumption that that's what we only want to hear.
    RATM are a band who worked hard to get where they are on themselves, without compromising their message. I think they are the perfect band for this kind of anti-establishment gesture. How would an unsigned band hurt XFactor any more than RATM?

• Advertisement

the chances would be pretty good if the place was full of people like yourself running round telling people what single to buy for a christmas no 1. I take it you just don't get it.

Oh please, don't be deluded. So this campaign would be fine if we were pushing for an unknown band for the No. 1?

Advertisement