Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing in the name for no.1 this xmas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Elektriksheep

koHd wrote: »
    I don't get why people want an anger filled song playing at Christmas. Maybe personal issues.

Over 300, 000 people have now bought Killing In The Name in the last 4 DAYS, and the campaign is supported by RATM themselves, Muse, The Prodigy, Paul McCartney, and David Grohl. I guess they ALL must just have MAJOR PERSONAL ISSUES.

OR, maybe you should get a sense of humour :O)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Sony are loving this haha. Not to mention the rage guys getting an extra few bob for chrimbo. Always nice to see people help the homeless this time of year.

All profits are going to charity.

Baza210 wrote: »

AND the charity is a homeless charity. HA. Brilliant.

AND if RATM get to number one they're gonna perform a FREE UK gig to thank everyone.

Man, they're such money-grabbing hypocrites those RATM guys, giving people a free gig and giving all the proceeds to charity and spending like 90% of their time involved in important activist movements and charity projects. Man, what a worthless cause this campaign is, ay, koHd? No point spending 29p to support it I s'pose, 'cause it's SO DEPRESSING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Just did the nokia music download for the UK as well...
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=37655682127&topic=14489

A free download of the song- great idea.
    Just set your location to UK when installing.

egan007 wrote: »
    Just did the nokia music download for the UK as well...
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=37655682127&topic=14489

A free download of the song- great idea.
    Just set your location to UK when installing.

Yep, I've done this too - a great find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Baza210 wrote: »

Makes sense that people are looking for ways to download it completely free then doesn't it.

Or are you joking. Because I heard nothing of all profits going to charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Over 300, 000 people have now bought Killing In The Name in the last 4 DAYS, and the campaign is supported by RATM themselves, Muse, The Prodigy, Paul McCartney, and David Grohl. I guess they ALL must just have MAJOR PERSONAL ISSUES.

OR, maybe you should get a sense of humour :O)

A song I've liked for years that's filled with anger, getting to number one at Christmas? How hilarious.

In honesty I haven't known what was number one at Christmas, or any other time of the year, for a long long time now. So I probably won't know this Christmas either.

Makes sense that people are looking for ways to download it completely free then doesn't it.
    People who are looking for ways to download it for free either :
    1. Already paid for downloading it elsewhere but are willing to support the motion by spending their time downloading it freely elsewhere.
    2. Don't want to spend money but do wish to oppose the X Factor Christmas No. 1 institution.
    Or are you joking. Because I heard nothing of all profits going to charity?
    http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48901
    http://www.justgiving.com/ratm4xmas/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Fu*king love the VID 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bookies think Rage have it - the X-Factor kid is 9/1 on Betfair, with RATM much less than evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Came 2nd in the Irish (Non Christmas Number 1) Chart this week, Joe came first, could be a good or bad sign but by 7pm we'll know for sure. Wasn't as popular in the Irish campaign, and most people who did buy it in Ireland, bought it for the UK chart, so could go well.

Well, as of right now, Rage Against the Machine....

ARE TOP OF THE CHRISTMAS UK CHARTS!

lol, they have a chance between 6pm and 7pm to change it, but I dont see it happening, seems like Rage are going to be number 1. JUst to be sure download another couple copies between 6 and 7 from the Nokia thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

brainiac wrote: »
    lol, they have a chance between 6pm and 7pm to change it, but I dont see it happening, seems like Rage are going to be number 1. JUst to be sure download another couple copies between 6 and 7 from the Nokia thing.

Counting stopped last night...

Word on the street is RATM won by 50,000 sales.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Counting stopped last night...

Well http://www.bigtop40.com/

Was listening to that and they said its open again and will be locked down at 6pm when they re do the top 10. SO don't ask me, apparently thats the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

anyhoo. looks like RATM has won according to the betting.

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/christmas/christmas-number-one/win-market

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

From Twitter, so it is as yet unconfirmed

Rage Against the Machine 502,672
    Joe McEldry 450,838

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

please let this be accurate
    1 KILLING IN THE NAME RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 502672
    2 THE CLIMB JOE MCELDERRY 450838
    3 BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA 61677
    4 THE OFFICIAL BBC CHILDREN IN NEED MEDLEY PETER KAY'S ANIMATED ALL STAR 52605
    5 STARSTRUKK 3OH3 FT KATY PERRY 40742
    6 YOU KNOW ME ROBBIE WILLIAMS 38435
    7 3 WORDS CHERYL COLE 36232
    8 RUSSIAN ROULETTE RIHANNA 34094
    9 DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' JOURNEY 33337
    10 MEET ME HALFWAY BLACK EYED PEAS 32517
    11 TIK TOK KESHA 26571
    12 YOU ARE NOT ALONE X FACTOR FINALISTS 2009 24404
    13 DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING ALICIA KEYS 23415
    14 DECEMBER SONG (I DREAMED OF CHRISTMAS) GEORGE MICHAEL 22243
    15 LET THE BASS KICK IN MIAMI GIRL CHUCKIE & LMFAO 21556
    16 MORNING AFTER DARK TIMBALAND/NELLY FURTADO/SOSHY 19687
    17 FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE CHERYL COLE 18859
    18 FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK POGUES FT KIRSTY MACCOLL 18457
    19 WHATCHA SAY JASON DERULO 18278
    20 LOOK FOR ME CHIPMUNK FT TALAY RILEY 17775

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

In a lot of ways, Killing in the name of is a far more contrived piece of music than anything thats ever appeared on X factor. The conversation ran
    'lets write an anthem on this record and 'be the voice' for the millions of angry rock kids out there who have none'

this did not appear in the conversation
    'we'll sell millions, we're a punk outfit, let's not do that, it's against our ethics'

Rage are political poser 'activists' so called, and always have been. Though that's probably why a lotta people seem to be liking them right now. They're so 'now'. Fight the man zzzz

Whole thing is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Fight the man zzzz,Whole thing is disgusting.

No matter how many times this is repeated it never seems to get through, RATM getting to number 1 was never about sticking it to the man or where the money goes, its about having something other than x-factor(eg/anything) reaching no. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

In a lot of ways, Killing in the name of is a far more contrived piece of music than anything thats ever appeared on X factor. The conversation ran
    'lets write an anthem on this record and 'be the voice' for the millions of angry rock kids out there who have none'

this did not appear in the conversation
    'we'll sell millions, we're a punk outfit, let's not do that, it's against our ethics'

Rage are political poser 'activists' so called, and always have been. Though that's probably why a lotta people seem to be liking them right now. They're so 'now'. Fight the man zzzz

Whole thing is disgusting.

Dime, I agree with you on most musical things and god knows you are fanatical about my fave band (Pearl Jam!) but I gotta disagree with you on this.

KITN was written before they were big, written in the dodgy suburbs of LA. It was on a 12 track demo that they recorded before they were signed by Sony, and is about a very serious subject (police discrimination against minorities). They are an activist band (much like PJ) and raise awareness of many worthwhile causes. Of course they're rich men now due to the millions of albums they sold, but they got this through their talent alone, and not being awarded with a record contract for winning a questionable talent show (as Joe did)

A lot of PJ fans diss them for the causes they support (closing Guantanamo etc) but noone doubts their talent and dedication to music. This is the exact same for RATM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Grim. wrote: »
    please let this be accurate

Was till i bought 51835 copies of joe :p:p:p:p

elius wrote: »
    Was till i bought 51835 copies of joe :p:p:p:p

Curse you!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Chris Cleary

WHat everyone is hearing is all rumours the BBC have the exclusive rights of the chart compilation its at number 3 at the mo so click this link to listen who won RIGHT NOW!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Grim. wrote: »
    Curse you!!!!! :p

:D:D
    When is the results out!!!!

elius wrote: »
    :D:D
    When is the results out!!!!

5 Minutes on BBC RADIO 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Cheese, I just reckon the whole thing was childish and for that band to get involved was a lame attempt for headlines.

****ING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 HAHA **** X FACTOR COME ON RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - FAIR PLAY YOUR CHRISTMAS NUMBER !

• Advertisement

get in rage no 1

Advertisement