Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing in the name for no.1 this xmas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

AMAZING

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Let us no who wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

elius wrote: »
    Let us no who wins!

Rage did. :D

LoL shame people wont react in the same way about getting are goverment out of power! Think its pathetic that people care more about the christmas N1 . :( Just shows how backwards this country is!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

LoL shame people wont react in the same way about getting are goverment out of power! Think its pathetic that people care more about the christmas N1 . :( Just shows how backwards this country is!

Get over yourself for Gods sake the two have nothing to do with each other.

• Advertisement

Get over yourself for Gods sake the two have nothing to do with each other.

Im not on myself!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Chris Cleary

There is always 1!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Ha ha. Take that Cowell you smarmy twat!!

There is always 1!!!!
    Fare play to rage tbh i couldn't careless. Lads i was joking take a chill pill!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

:D
    I'm quite happy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

when does ireland's xmas no.1 get announced.. week ending 17th shows Joe first and rage second..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A new hope for the music industry.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Cheese, I just reckon the whole thing was childish and for that band to get involved was a lame attempt for headlines.

Well they only got involved last week, and all profits they earn are going to charity (70000 plus raised so far). Nevermind if you disagree with it or not,surely thats better than Cowell bagging all the profits?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

egan007 wrote: »

Irish one announced 24th December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

True that. Cowells a c u n t .

when does ireland's xmas no.1 get announced.. week ending 17th shows Joe first and rage second..

I think its christmas eve? but does anyone really care about the irish chart? Maybe i am being ignorant but from what i hear you can get to number 1 in ireland by selling as little as 7000/8000 copies!

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

Sorry i am mistaken thought it was thursdays the chart was released

foxy_19-89 wrote: »

Sorry - meant that as encouragement - Buy an Irish copy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cheese, I just reckon the whole thing was childish and for that band to get involved was a lame attempt for headlines.
    Maybe they wanted to get a Christmas No. 1 and thought publicising it would lend strength to the campaign. Not like they'd manage to get a Christmas No. 1 any other way.

• Advertisement

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8423340.stm

Speaking on the Radio 1 chart show, Zack De La Rocha from Rage said: "We are very, very ecstatic about being number one."

He added it was an "incredible organic campaign" against "the sterile pop mentality".

-Anyone got a recording of interview?

http://www.ratm.com/
    Rage to play Free concert in UK in 2010 as a Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Now that the important UK Number 1 is set, it's time to get it Christmas Number One here in Ireland.

This week it came 2nd even though this isnt even the official week for it, so use the Nokia way to get 2-3 copies of it for the Irish Charts.

http://www.phantom.ie/entertainment/3130-rage-against-the-xmas-no-1.html

Purchase info/dates^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

RATM didn't get involved, people power involved them and won.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

2fm were playing the charts this evening while I was on the way home from work and had Black Eyed Peas as number 1 iirc and said that it was the last number one of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Well they only got involved last week, and all profits they earn are going to charity (70000 plus raised so far). Nevermind if you disagree with it or not,surely thats better than Cowell bagging all the profits?

So if this RATM thing didn't happen, the x factor single would have sold more? Or do you get some cash reward for getting the top spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

So if this RATM thing didn't happen, the x factor single would have sold more? Or do you get some cash reward for getting the top spot?

No, but it being No1 would have possibly resulted in it being played fractionally more, resulting in increased royalties. (So technically, yes, you do get some cash reward for getting the top spot)

Since the 'pop charts' have long been an irrelevance, the whole "real music Vs Xfactor" thing is not a life changing issue, but personally, I have to say that I think it is somewhat satisfying that a cynically chosen cover version performed by Simon Cowell's personal favourite contestant from his own television show is no longer guaranteed to be Britain's Christmas number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Congratulations. Now it isn't just idiot kids pumping money into a sick music industry, it's idiot everymen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Rage against the machine for a really crap Christmas number 1, buy now and do as the song says 'now they do what they told ya.......'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fantastic that RATM are #1 in the UK, but I think we need to push to get it to #1 here as well. Would be sickened if the X-Factor got in to the top spot here after being defeated in its own country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

galwayrush wrote: »
    RATM didn't get involved, people power involved them and won.:)

yeah, its just pure chance epic is owned by sony and that ratm are working on a new album. I have to laugh at how gullible people have been on this, but its only the charts so I dont really giuve a ****.

Advertisement