Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing in the name for no.1 this xmas

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Y'know, I'm delighted Rage got the number 1 spot. I don't care about the charts or that both singles are with Sony.
    I'm just happy that it proved that there are still people out there that appreciate good music. I guarantee there will be many kids that get into RATM's music and then other good bands on account of this.
    These are the people who will make "tomorrows" music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

bucks73 wrote: »
    2fm were playing the charts this evening while I was on the way home from work and had Black Eyed Peas as number 1 iirc and said that it was the last number one of the year.
    that was TodayFM and that was based on airplay, so RATM not getting played meant they wouldn't appear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

iamhunted wrote: »
    yeah, its just pure chance epic is owned by sony and that ratm are working on a new album. I have to laugh at how gullible people have been on this, but its only the charts so I dont really giuve a ****.

Jesus you're worse than cowell with your smugness.

At least those of us who bought the track did something to make a statement against the manufactured crap xfactor produces. What did you do?

I don't care how "ironic" you think it was or who got the money I see RATM above xfactor in the chart and that makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Kold wrote: »
    Congratulations. Now it isn't just idiot kids pumping money into a sick music industry, it's idiot everymen.

Lot of money going to a homeless charity as a result ;)

yeah, its just pure chance epic is owned by sony and that ratm are working on a new album. I have to laugh at how gullible people have been on this, but its only the charts so I dont really giuve a ****.
    "Its only the charts" - well then why don't go jog on and leave this thread alone? Go away and listen to bands that haven't even been started yet, as this is all obviously beneath you.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Congratulations. Now it isn't just idiot kids pumping money into a sick music industry, it's idiot everymen.
    I bought the track, and I'm not an idiot. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Or have you a miracle cure for the "sick music industry" up your sleeve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

jacool wrote: »
    that was TodayFM and that was based on airplay, so RATM not getting played meant they wouldn't appear at all.

Ah right...cool. Wasnt sure to be honest.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

wax wrote: »
    I'm just happy that it proved that there are still people out there that appreciate good music.
    Are u havin a laugh? People downloaded the track to rebel, not because they genuinely like the track. RATM are average. If they were so amazin, they'd be gettin themselves to #1

So thanks for taking all credibility out of the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

jacool wrote: »
    I bought the track, and I'm not an idiot. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Or have you a miracle cure for the "sick music industry" up your sleeve?
    Download your music illegally and let it die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

if there are people who think they are buying RATM to stick it to the record companies then they're naive, but most people don't need to be told where the money's going, they don't care and it's not the point of the whole thing. also you're wrong about it being a sony ploy, something you have mentioned several times. take some of your skeptism over to the paranormals, it's needed more there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

unreggd wrote: »
    Are u havin a laugh? People downloaded the track to rebel, not because they genuinely like the track. RATM are average. If they were so amazin, they'd be gettin themselves to #1

No they wouldn't. There are many exceptional bands out there releasing amazing songs regularly but haven't a hope of ever getting a number 1 due to the drivel that pollutes the top spots of the charts.

Charts? Credibility? That died decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

So you're implying that the material produced by the X Factor is amazing, because it would have gotten to No. 1 otherwise?
    One of the points of this campaign was to prove that there wasn't any credibility in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Donate to Shelter (Homeless Charity) - set up by the couple who started the RATM campaign - http://www.justgiving.com/ratm4xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Firstly, you have the right to think RATM are average. Many people disagree.
    Secondly, Usually people who buy RATM's music don't care less about the charts. This was different.
    Thirdly, I bet whenever RATM do release an album it will go in at #1 even if they didn't get the exposure they got from this.

Fourthly, I do enjoy a bit of a laugh every now and then, thank you very much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Simon Spectre

Well if nothing else they've earned an X factor invite next year. Think of it, it'll be like reliving Christmas 09, but with the added bonus of sparklers, spinaroonies and a supporting Micheal Buble, as the fans of each brand snarl at each other while chanting in unison "**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TOLD ME"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

I know there was a campaign started but did they pick the song and then ask the artist to release it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

thesultan wrote: »
    I know there was a campaign started but did they pick the song and then ask the artist to release it?

It wasn't released per say, just a ****load of people downloaded it. Yeah the organisers picked it and then the band got into it a couple of weeks later.

A great achievement considering it wasn't on physical sale! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

the worst song ever :mad::mad: so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

the worst song ever :mad::mad: so bad

You're so right. The Climb is absolutely dire...

• Advertisement
Advertisement