Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP -> N95 Died

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Question for someone, Hopefully u can help me,

I bought an N95 Phone in Orlando in 2007 (it wasn't out over here at the time)

The phone worked perfect but one day the phone went off and never came back on, The phone won't charge and wont come to life at all :(

I brought the phone to Vodafone (told them i would pay for them to fix it) They sent it away but it came back that cos it was an America phone it is locked to USA Rules and Laws and they can't touch this :(

The phone is still near brand new :( Looking to no does anyone have any idea's for how to get this fixed over here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Noodles23 wrote:
    I bought an N95 Phone in Orlando in 2007
    Noodles23 wrote:
    The phone is still near brand new

Wait, what??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

You could try taking it into a fonemenders and see if they can do anything to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Wait, what??

I only used it for two months when this happend so its been lying in my wardrobe since then collect dust

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Noodles23 wrote: »
    I only used it for two months when this happend so its been lying in my wardrobe since then collect dust

Should have sent it to states for repair their and then. I don't know why it was sent back, the warranty should be up now. The one doubt i would have, the phone has a 24 month warranty, but often an extra 3 months can be given, so that would make it still in warranty. Best idea is go direct to fonemenders, or MPRC. Vodafone most likely sent it to MPRC in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

Davy wrote: »
    Should have sent it to states for repair their and then. I don't know why it was sent back, the warranty should be up now. The one doubt i would have, the phone has a 24 month warranty, but often an extra 3 months can be given, so that would make it still in warranty. Best idea is go direct to fonemenders, or MPRC. Vodafone most likely sent it to MPRC in the first place.

Yeah i used to work for vodafone they sent it to MPRC and they said they couldn't touch it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Noodles23 wrote: »
    Yeah i used to work for vodafone they sent it to MPRC and they said they couldn't touch it :(

Call up to them yourself, and explain its a US model, and you are willing to pay, your not looking for a repair under warranty.

Advertisement