Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

and condoms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

superfly wrote: »
    and condoms
    Oh i'd love to see the look on morrigan's face...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Oh i'd love to see the look on morrigan's face...

This one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i like this game.

gone with a warrior. run in swinging :) girls/mages are only for healing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just finished it there,
    I died at the end :(
    . I'm tempted to give it another go but I honestly don't think I can face the
    Fade in the Magi Circle again
    . That entire section came dangerously close to turning me away from the whole thing.

Still great game, I wonder how the expansion will work around the fact that
    my main character is dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Just finished it there,
    . That entire section came dangerously close to turning me away from the whole thing.

Still great game, I wonder how the expansion will work around the fact that
    my main character is dead

You've the option of starting the new expansion with
    either your old character, assuming they've survived, or an Orlais born Grey Warden whose conveniently level 20 when you start. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Just finished it there,

Heh, I know what you mean. But on the second time I played it I actually enjoyed it a bit better.
    First time I played through as a warrier, the fade became ridiculously tedious in spots going from room to room to chop demons that don't take much physical damage. However, played as rogue the second time and was able to stealth the whole way through it until you get the Golem ability. Once you have the Golem it's not too bad, you can just smash your way through in no time.

There are some sections though with the blood mages that are whack if you're not a mage yourself. When there's 3 or 4 mages taking it in turns to incapacitate you all you can do is respawn until you get some luck. DOes my head in to turn a corner and find yourself in the middle of a battle you can't possibly win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone get the new DLC ? Return to Ostigar i think it was, was wondering if it was worth the €5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It's not out yet, at least for the PC AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Creature wrote: »
    It's not out yet, at least for the PC AFAIK.

Ah it's out on xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was withdrawn after about an hour because of a glitch that was locking everyone's specialities.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Got this game over Christmas and I must say that its very heavy going. Most of the time I'm listening to people talking. Must check to see if I can turn on the subtitles cos otherwise I'll never finish it! I haven't played it in a while now cos I'm in college but when I go home at the weekends, I must really sink my teeth into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

just finished it. its pretty good. smaller then i thought it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 17 teh.f4ll3n

Animo wrote: »
    Got this game over Christmas and I must say that its very heavy going. Most of the time I'm listening to people talking. Must check to see if I can turn on the subtitles cos otherwise I'll never finish it! I haven't played it in a while now cos I'm in college but when I go home at the weekends, I must really sink my teeth into it.

Welcome to the world of proper RPG.

The game is great, finished it 3 times taking a different paths with different profession every time.

Just a quick heads up, Return To Ostagar has been released for PC and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ostagar is very short and really just a rehash of the first time around. If you want Duncan's blades, and Cailan's Armour/Weapon then go for it, but as actual extra gameplay content it's weak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Playing it through for the 3rd time. Once in awhile after playing for a couple of hours my system will crash when attempting to load a new destination. Not sure why. When I reboot, it tends to run fine. I do manually save a lot, but then delete most of those saves before logging off.

My specs: Toshiba laptop, Windows 7 premium, 4 gigs RAM, 2 dual core 2.2 gig chips, Nvidia 230 with a gig dedicated (and the ability to share above that), FSB at a gig. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Quick question please, I bought the collectors edition for the ps3 and with it got dragon armour, shale and a few other little downloadable extras. Have been playing the game for 10-15 hours and only just downloaded all of the above, is there any way of getting them now or do I just come along them during a quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Codofwar wrote: »
    Quick question please, I bought the collectors edition for the ps3 and with it got dragon armour, shale and a few other little downloadable extras. Have been playing the game for 10-15 hours and only just downloaded all of the above, is there any way of getting them now or do I just come along them during a quest?

Fairly certain the armour will appear in your invy and the quest for Shale will appear on your map in the form of "Sulchers Pass" near enough to Redcliffe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Codofwar wrote: »

Shale opens an area on the main map, lower left corner. Just visit there. Items should appear in your inventory for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Yea its there now and the new place on the map, when I downloaded them earlier they didn't appear straight away but just threw it on there and they are there. Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dragon Age generally moves pretty quickly for me, but for some reason when I am defending Redcliffe that night against the dead, it drags a bit. What am I missing or doing wrong?

This has nothing to do with fighting skills, attributes, or abilities, or promising to rescue blacksmith's daughter, or using the oil from the store to set the windmill barricade on fire, or getting a blessing from the Chancery, or diversifying your party; rather after the first fights at the windmill are over, I find my party standing around waiting for the next attack to occur below at the Chancery. This seems to take forever, while the music plays. Why?

There are a few things you can do to boost your odds during the fight.

Recruiting the dwarf Dywn and his two lackeys. He's a good fighter and enhances the morale of the militia. You can also persuade the tavern owner and the elf spy in the tavern to fight with the militia.

You can make the blacksmith to get back to work by promising to look for his daughter or by intimidation. I think this gives the militia better armour and weapons to use during the battle.

There are other things you can do to boost the morale of the militia such as getting the barmaid to give them free beer and getting the chantry priest to bless them. Though I'm not sure if that has any solid effect on the performance of the militia.

As far as the actual fights go, I always found the first one with the knights easy enough. They can look after themselves so you don't need to worry about that bit. It's the militia that are the problem as they crumble at the first sign of danger. What I usually do is just have to have my whole group concentrate on one enemy at a time and then move onto the next. I find it goes slightly quicker that way than splitting them up to take on separate undead. Taunt often to keep the pressure of the militia and the likes of Cone of Cold are great for getting shattering kills in and saving time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The second part of that fight is a real *****. The zombies just kept coming and coming, and eventually my mages just ran out of mana (and I no potions with me, oops). After wiping twice, I just changed the setting to "Easy" temporarily. Even then, I still had to kite back up the hill to the knights.

At the time I had no healer in the party, which didn't help matters. Now I'm at the Circle Tower and have a 3 mage/1 tank setup, with 2 of the mages healers. This seems to be working well so far....

P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dragon Age generally moves pretty quickly for me, but for some reason when I am defending Redcliffe that night against the dead, it drags a bit. What am I missing or doing wrong?

This has nothing to do with fighting skills, attributes, or abilities, or promising to rescue blacksmith's daughter, or using the oil from the store to set the windmill barricade on fire, or getting a blessing from the Chancery, or diversifying your party; rather after the first fights at the windmill are over, I find my party standing around waiting for the next attack to occur below at the Chancery. This seems to take forever, while the music plays. Why?
    oceanclub wrote: »
    The second part of that fight is a real *****. The zombies just kept coming and coming, and eventually my mages just ran out of mana (and I no potions with me, oops). After wiping twice, I just changed the setting to "Easy" temporarily. Even then, I still had to kite back up the hill to the knights.

At the time I had no healer in the party, which didn't help matters. Now I'm at the Circle Tower and have a 3 mage/1 tank setup, with 2 of the mages healers. This seems to be working well so far....

P.

I got stuck on that fight and no matter what I did I could'nt get past it so I gave up and uninstalled the game :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I got stuck on that fight and no matter what I did I could'nt get past it so I gave up and uninstalled the game :(.

Were you playing on Normal? If so, just reset it to Easy. Hope you kept your save games...

P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oceanclub wrote: »
    Were you playing on Normal? If so, just reset it to Easy. Hope you kept your save games...

P.

no was playing it on easy to start with anyway :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It was a bitch of a fight all right. Wynn's revival spell was what got me through it, tried to keep her out of the fight as much as possible and use all her mana on healing my two tanks.

As for people who get stuck, I came across this before (for PC), a very overpowered set of armour for mages, equip it on a mage and they become near invincible.

Methinks I found the secret to the big delay after the first windmill fights, where your party is standing around listening to music (forever). I ran my team up the hill to the castle gate from the windmill and discovered one dead standing there doing nothing (hidden in the yellow mist). Once he was dispatched, a soldier from the Chancery runs up and yells for help.

The Chancery fight at the bottom of the hills is pretty grand, and I was forced to run back up the hill to the 5 knights at the windmill after my team was wiped out. I survived along with 2 knights before it shifted to the Chancery celebration the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Methinks I found the secret to the big delay after the first windmill fights, where your party is standing around listening to music (forever). I ran my team up the hill to the castle gate from the windmill and discovered one dead standing there doing nothing (hidden in the yellow mist). Once he was dispatched, a soldier from the Chancery runs up and yells for help.

The Chancery fight at the bottom of the hills is pretty grand, and I was forced to run back up the hill to the 5 knights at the windmill after my team was wiped out. I survived along with 2 knights before it shifted to the Chancery celebration the next morning.

Everyone should try not doing that fight once. Save before you do it, then run away elsewhere. The results are pretty spectacular. :pac:

Advertisement