Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning of sharp practice by eircom

• 08-12-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Friend of mine changed BB package with eircom

Old package had 6 pm as start of off peak, new one had 7 pm.

Even though he only changed just before the bill was issued, he was charged for all the calls between 6 and 7 pm back to after last bill. They did not tell him this would happen.

He'll be OK but be warned of sharp practice

Ba****ds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Is that a change or terms & conditions, in which case you can cancel the service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭KC JONES

Is that a change or terms & conditions, in which case you can cancel the service?
    yes but he changed to the other package.he was told the new off peak would be charged from 7 pm but not told he would be back billed for the calls made before changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I lost my job some months ago and I called BT to downgrade my broadband to a cheaper version, the idea being to save some money, yet still be able to apply for jobs online. They agreed, but only on the condition that I'd be on a new 12 month contract. I refused and said that a new contract with the associated penalties is something that I obviously want to avoid. I'm happy with their service, I'd like to continue to pay money for it, just a wee bit less. Agree or I walk. They agreed.

Be prepared to negotiate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

KC JONES wrote: »
    Friend of mine changed BB package with eircom

Old package had 6 pm as start of off peak, new one had 7 pm.

Even though he only changed just before the bill was issued, he was charged for all the calls between 6 and 7 pm back to after last bill. They did not tell him this would happen.

He'll be OK but be warned of sharp practice

Ba****ds

Perhaps you could give more details on this? If he changed just before the bill was issued then presumably that bill did not cover his new package. he would have been charged for his old package in advance (all of the companies charge for the service in advance and your calls in arrears) So when he got his next bill he would have been charged for call in arrears as usual except that this time the calls up to 7 would count. Where exactly is the sharp practise?

Advertisement