Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 13 Discussion - FINAL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Anyone else spot this? When English Steve was in the boardroom, he had a dark suit and a dark shirt on, then when he was getting in the people carrier after winning he had a grey suit and white shirt, before the dark suit and shirt had returned when he was talking to the camera in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ginger Steve showed that his people skills havent improved at the end when he completely blanked the receptionist on the way out. She turned to acknowledge him and he walked straight by her on the way out. Anyone with any people skills at all would at least acknowledge a person that they had on and off contact with over 13 weeks.

So, Bill did make the right choice tonight though I thought that Lucinda was the strongest candidate overall and English Steve was very nervous and didnt come across well in the presentation.

Regarding the job, it is probably not a good time to go into the motor business - however the survivors will probably do well in the long term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

yes i heard before that they film all the contestants makign their way to the cars early on. not sure if this is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

edit : ack nevermind... im stupid

but yay for steve winning, the other steve was a prat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

dalquist wrote: »
    Steve Raynor has lost loads of weight !!! The difference in his face now is very obvious. His girlfriend looks lovely too... its a great start for them as a family unit.

Anyone else think major negative body language between Ger and Breff, very distant physically and she completely blanked him when he made a half hearted attempt to look back at her during the Breffaldine clip ! I suppose it didnt help he was sitting next to that cow Aoiffe.

I agree with you on both points, Steve looks very different indeed. I am so glad he won though.

As for Geraldine and Breffini, it seems she doesn't want to have anything to do with Breffini anymore. There more to this than meets the eye I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Was Bref doing both Ger and Aoife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

JP Liz wrote: »
    Was Bref doing both Ger and Aoife?

I dunno but He was well pally with Aoife tonight though...
    Or maybe he just wanted to make Geraldine jealous :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

or maybe aoiffe just wanted air time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Steve Raynor has the worst taste in suits I ever seen. His presentation was also a complete shambles.

Edit: Black shirts with a black suit. Never a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Katherine Lynch....f*ck right off :mad::mad::mad::mad:

+1

Very unfunny. Oh look at me tits, distracts everyone from her ugly mug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

starn wrote: »
    Steve Raynor has the worst taste in suits I ever seen. His presentation was also a complete shambles.

Edit: Black shirts with a black suit. Never a good idea.

To be fair, he did say he was colourblind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

The best guy won! Like "daedal" I predicted this very early on. When they done the ice-cream task Steve said the girls had an unfair advantage being that got the location of Graffton street and St Stephens Green.
    Bill ask "Are you from Dublin" Steve said no, bill said "Well your talking rubbish" or something like that.
    Steve was spot on, the girls did have an unfair advantage, if you where going to sell ice-cream in Dublin where you going to go?
    If you are going to sell anything where you going to go?!! From that point in the show I thought this guy is going to win, and that he seemed to be the only one that was not spitting out generic crap!

Seems like a nice guys, this whole "you need to be an @sshole in business" is a load of sh1t. Probably the only guy off the show I would actually employ

Ginger Steve "I close 60% of customers that come to my shop", english Steve "I close 70% of people that do not even know I am coming" said it with a cheeky smile - Final nail in ginger Steve's coffin - was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Thank you TV3 for ruining the final for me. Anyone notice the first ad break ? There was a Ford Fiesta advert featuring the yellow/green one. Nice obvious clue by TV3 as to the eventual winner. Thanks - amateurs !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Have to say, I was disappointed with the final overall.

T'was a bit boring! Apart from Michelle Heaton doin a flyer obviously! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Anyone else spot this? When English Steve was in the boardroom, he had a dark suit and a dark shirt on, then when he was getting in the people carrier after winning he had a grey suit and white shirt, before the dark suit and shirt had returned when he was talking to the camera in the car?

ya very poor, i know they do the walking to the car shot at a different time but normally it matches up. with the women they just wear coats buttoned up. very poor mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Thank you TV3 for ruining the final for me. Anyone notice the first ad break ? There was a Ford Fiesta advert featuring the yellow/green one. Nice obvious clue by TV3 as to the eventual winner. Thanks - amateurs !

Do you really think anyone in TV3 is that inventive to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Ginger Steve "I close 60% of customers that come to my shop", english Steve "I close 70% of people that do not even know I am coming" said it with a cheeky smile - Final nail in ginger Steve's coffin - was brilliant!

the coffin was well sealed by the time last night came around
    ridiculous final
    time to fook bill out - the programme spiralled into a farce this year
    other than some entertaining moments with that clown breffni or aoiffffe it was p*ss poor
    he basically hired a car sales man for 100k cause the motor industry is in ruins
    clear as day who was gonna win this from around a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Oooh yes cry Ginger, cry, taste those salty ginger tears :pac:

Harsh, but funny.

Felt a bit sorry for ginger at the end, but really I think it was a fluke he got to that stage at all. IMO, the final should have been between Steve and Lucinda.

sure lucinda knows nothing about cars?

imagine if bill asked her what % the car industry had declined by last year
    or how to change a tyre in the new renault laguna
    or whether hydrogen cars are the future of motoring

conno16 wrote: »
    sure lucinda knows nothing about cars?

imagine if bill asked her what % the car industry had declined by last year
    or how to change a tyre in the new renault laguna
    or whether hydrogen cars are the future of motoring

I'd imagine it would be easier for her to swot up on the motor industry, than for Ginger to develop his personality and people skills.

I'll say one thing for Ginge though - fair play to him for keeping his cool with Sam in the boardroom. What a beeyatch.

When she was fired BOC finished up by telling her that she could now "go back to bossing kids around". I remember thinking that was a bit harsh, but in the boardroom final she reaffirmed that she's not capable of much else.

• Advertisement

really?
    thats not fair IMO
    she is an idiot tho i'll admit

luncinda stuck the knife in on rayner at one stage as well in the boardroom - proves shes just a bit thick
    dont think she really meant to damage him but still felt she needed to defend herself - bit of a plank in fairness

just heard steve on ray foley. he is genuinely a nice man. bill hired him because he seem a brilliant salesman and he likes him. i just couldnt warm to red haired steven no matter what he did. liked steve from the start and when he killed it in the sales task id say bill knew he had his man then. well done english steve, hope he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Do you really think anyone in TV3 is that inventive to do that?

I consider them that stupid to do it. They obviously gave Fiesta a plug during the break and Ford wanted them to show the car as promoted by the Apprentice winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Oooh yes cry Ginger, cry, taste those salty ginger tears :pac:

Thats a bit harsh dont you think??

The man was genuinely gutted to not have won, probably the most genuine person in the whole house both him and the winner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

the coffin was well sealed by the time last night came around
    ridiculous final
    time to fook bill out - the programme spiralled into a farce this year
    other than some entertaining moments with that clown breffni or aoiffffe it was p*ss poor
    he basically hired a car sales man for 100k cause the motor industry is in ruins
    clear as day who was gonna win this from around a month ago

Definitely. I suggest they hire Michael O'Leary to do the next series...that would be fantastic!

Definitely. I suggest they hire Michael O'Leary to do the next series...that would be fantastic!

ah i like bill, dont see any reason to change. doubt michael o'leary would do it. wouldnt have the time and doubt if he would have the patience. what about gavin duffy? dont know what sort of a company or if he employs people but id say hed be good in the boardroom.

unrealistic though

denis o'brien would be my preference
    a real entrepreneur

or sean quinn
    task 1 would have them digging stuff up in a quarry in cavan

Shane10 wrote: »
    what about gavin duffy? dont know what sort of a company or if he employs people but id say hed be good in the boardroom.

ridiculous..

ridiculous..

how?

• Advertisement

whycliff wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh dont you think??

The man was genuinely gutted to not have won, probably the most genuine person in the whole house both him and the winner!!

The problem was though, he didn't really show anything of his personality the whole way through.

On screen, he had a likeability problem, and the final saw him up against arguably the most likable candidate in there.

He would have been better off had he dropped the robotic "I'm the best at everything..." facade and not been afraid to show TV viewers more of his real personality.

Advertisement