Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 13 Discussion - FINAL

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

Interesting piece in the papers today about the after show party and the YOU'RE HIRED show. Geraldine was ear marked by producers to sit in the front row with Breff and Aoifffffffffffffffffe, and flatly refused. Thats why she was the only contestant sitting in the second row of seats with Jackie and Brian. Appears there is no love lost at all still between her and Aoiffe. I actually don't blame Geraldine one bit... saw yet another glossy magazine this week with Aoiffe on the front cover bitching hell out of Geraldine again. It probably also feels a bit disloyal of Breff to be so chummy with her. Have to say cant stand the sight of Aoiffe... who by the way is back in Clerys apparently where she started. Not exactly head hunted afterwards was she!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tippdar

i thought stephen was very unlucky last night. he
    has been getting a lot of stick on these boards, in fairness
    he did a far better job of last nights task than steve did. i think
    steve did well throughout, is obviously excellent at sales but i think
    stephen was better in terms of being a better all round candidate ,
    good entrenpreneurial skills, a fair bit of business experience and last night
    showed that he took on bills advice in terms of working better with people, he
    improved a lot over the last few weeks, so
    on that basis i thought he deserved to be the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Duckjob wrote: »
    The problem was though, he didn't really show anything of his personality the whole way through.
    On screen, he had a likeability problem, and the final saw him up against arguably the most likable candidate in there.

He would have been better off had he dropped the robotic "I'm the best at everything..." facade and not been afraid to show TV viewers more of his real personality.

I think the reason that he didnt really show his personality is because he doesnt really one from what Icould see throughout the show. I thought he was very lucky to end up on the winning team on a couple of occasions and on the week that Steve did the great sales job he would surely have been fired if they had lost the task.

If you have a tape of the final or have a look online, have a look at how he completely blanked out the receptionist at the end when he was leaving after getting his case. She looked up to acknowledge him and he walked straight by. if he had any semblance of people skills he would have at least looked over and said cheerio as I am sure he got to know her a bit over the weeks.

That said I thought Sam was worse and showed no tact in her criticism of him in the show. She should have mentioned whatever positive she had to say and left it at that. Also, his presentation skills did improve and he came across well in the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I felt absolutely no pity towards Ginger Steve whatsoever, which is unusual as I watched the show all the way through and I cannot remember one decent thing he did, picking the buffoon Breffni and Sam who hated him says all about his judgement bearing in mind he had first pick all the way through, he spent most of his time waffling business cliches he seemed to have learnt the night before. His ego is massive 'the most talented 25 year-old in the country',twat. Sat through the Your'e Fired bit with Steve R moping and thinking to himself 'it should have been me'.
    And yet he was second, possibly the most talentless group of individuals ever.
    The Businessman, failing Car mogul down 65% of sales this year was only going too pick:

The winner a nice saleman and feck all else.
    2nd Was a talentless egomaniac that talked in cliches.
    3rd Geraldine got selected despite having 23 spelling mistakes on her CV so why was she there in the first place?
    4th Lucinda, another non-entity with a big ego, will be earning 200k next year (yeah right).
    5th Aoiffe, total bitch.
    6th Breffni, total eejit.
    After that an accountant that couldn't count, a school teacher that would drive you insane and various other non-entitys including the bunny-boiler who came back for the final and I still haven't a clue who she is.
    Entertaining guff all the same. But for TV3 to be taken seriously it needs to improve the selection process and get rid of the eejit Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

I thought the final task was the most watery pointless end to a brilliant series...
    There was no point or requirement in this task, just stick a car in a niteclub and throw a piss up....

If there was a winner, I think Stephen ( and not ginger steve as a lot of kn%bheads on the post have coined him ) probably gave a more polished performance. It was clear Bill had made his mind up after the sales task involving the nasal strips who he wanted.
    As for Sam, what a complete c*nt to slag off Stephen in the final boardroom when shes only there to support his team..:mad:
    A fine example to her students alright.....Pity Breffny didn't smack her one like he looked like he wanted to....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Had a few rows with my wife about Lucinda. My wife thought that she was the best of the lot. I thought she was dreadful. A walking cliche who refused to accept when she had made a balls of something....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

patmac wrote: »
    I felt absolutely no pity towards Ginger Steve whatsoever, which is unusual as I watched the show all the way through and I cannot remember one decent thing he did, picking the buffoon Breffni and Sam who hated him says all about his judgement bearing in mind he had first pick all the way through, he spent most of his time waffling business cliches he seemed to have learnt the night before. His ego is massive 'the most talented 25 year-old in the country',twat. Sat through the Your'e Fired bit with Steve R moping and thinking to himself 'it should have been me'.
    And yet he was second, possibly the most talentless group of individuals ever.
    The Businessman, failing Car mogul down 65% of sales this year was only going too pick:

3rd Geraldine got selected despite having 23 spelling mistakes on her CV so why was she there in the first place?
    4th Lucinda, another non-entity with a big ego, will be earning 200k next year (yeah right).
    5th Aoiffe, total bitch.
    After that an accountant that couldn't count, a school teacher that would drive you insane and various other non-entitys including the bunny-boiler who came back for the final and I still haven't a clue who she is.
    Entertaining guff all the same. But for TV3 to be taken seriously it needs to improve the selection process and get rid of the eejit Cullen.

Post of the day.
    BTW, who are you referring to as the bunny boiler? I missed a ot of the episodes at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

dixiefly wrote: »
    BTW, who are you referring to as the bunny boiler? I missed a ot of the episodes at the start.

Haven't a feckin clue what her name was, but she was last pick (which must have been embarrasing) so English Steven had to pick her, kind of heavyish and seemed to have issues and just about complimented Steven in the board room having had trouble working with him in what must have been a very early episode that didn't live long in the memory much like most of the candidates really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

What were the viewing figures for Monday night for the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Haven't a feckin clue what her name was, but she was last pick (which must have been embarrasing) so English Steven had to pick her, kind of heavyish and seemed to have issues and just about complimented Steven in the board room having had trouble working with him in what must have been a very early episode that didn't live long in the memory much like most of the candidates really.

Maria is her name.I was surprised she went so early.I thought she'd be thereabouts.Not winner standard though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

"steve did well throughout, is obviously excellent at sales"

What??! do you realise that while this, and all the tasks were being filmed the targets knew damn well that they were being filmed and would have looked at the excercise as being a marketing plot for themselves getting exposure on a national station etc. This is not the same as REAL cold calling when a salesman walks unannounced in the door of a business on a wet Monday morning and tries to flog a product or service to someone who doesn't want to know. It's pretty easy when you have a production company and a film crew behind you to set up a meeting with a prospective client ie: did you ever see the first call to anyone "as live" on this show, no.. because they all mention that it's a tv production and even a minute of advertising of their brand or name on national TV is worth a lot of money. This show, if you haven't realised it already, is just one big orchestrated Ad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

and various other non-entitys including the bunny-boiler who came back for the final and I still haven't a clue who she is.

Agree with everything apart from this.

I thought Lucinda did great on most tasks apart from the week she was fired. I honestly thought she was in with a great chance of winning.

How was Maria a bunny boiler exactly? :confused: Who was she stalking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm still undecided on two things:

1. At the very start of the show during the opening credits, they play a bit of radio which mentions the stockmarket and things like that. Is that supposed to be funny (i.e. they're taking the piss) or are we supposed to be impressed and think the show is very businessy?

2. Did the producers really think they had picked a bunch of intelligent, competent, talented contestants, or did they pick a bunch of deluded thickos on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

5th Aoiffe, total bitch.

What a great description of the lot of them LOLOLOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I read in the paper that Brenda who won last year took a paycut, and she was working in one of Bill's hotels down in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The "entrepeneur" who ran his own business and couldn't apply tax properly....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That show is incredible...all that fuss to find a car salesman !

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Seen the Brefmeister in Phibsborough today he seemed very haggard, actually felt sorry for him, looked as if he was walking home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Geraldine was in the Horseshow House on December 26th handing out free botles of Bulmers.

A high profile step up from selling spray on tights over the internet.

Advertisement