Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northside Shopping Centre clamping...

Options
  • 08-12-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up guys.

Just returned from Northside S.C. and there's a private clamping company clamping car's in the S.C. car park - pretty busy they were too.

Just be careful guys, or shop elsewhere without this vile practice!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just when that shopping centre couldn't get anymore vile, they now clamp! I stopped going there years ago. Omni is where it's at and has everything Northside has and more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

flanzer wrote: »
    Just when that shopping centre couldn't get anymore vile, they now clamp! I stopped going there years ago. Omni is where it's at and has everything Northside has and more

+1.

I like Omni S.C.

Until this morning I've used Northside S.C. for as long as I can remember - ex Northside S.C. shopper now!.

I was disgusted after witnessing a lady totally breakdown when she returned to her car. She tried explaining that she regularly has her hair done in the hairdressers there, that she (again) asked security if the car would be ok (there are sign's stating a max of 3hrs parking) as her shopping and hair do would take longer than 3hrs and he reassured her that it'll be ok.

Cost €80 - a days wage!... And three weeks before Christmas too. Next week she'll probably take her money to Omni or God forbid NORTH and out of the country.

Whatever about clamping on public streets I detest this practice of private clamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I wonder what the justification is for clamping? Is there a significant number of commuters who leave their cars all day?

I rarely go there anymore, but I do recall parking at Christmas being tight.

I know some people drive to the retail park across the road, where Atlantic is, and leave the car. Not ideal if you have a lot of shopping, but better than fighting for a space ... or being clamped!

I don't like the idea of Private clampers ... it seems like a money-spinner. €80 is extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If you demand that they take the clamp off they'd be forced to. It's a criminal offence to interfere with a car and the guards would compell them to remove it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

THE OMNI has free parking and its only ten minutes away.I know the northside center does get very busy in december with people doing xmas shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I worked out there for a couple of year's and was not allowed park there. Had to go across the road.
    The reason the management gave was because a lot of people parked there and got the bus to work. Its a horrible shopping centre. Reminds me of janelle in Finglas.

Dont go to omni either as getting out of the outside car park can be a nightmare sitting for over a half an hour. Stupid me always forgets the multi story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

griffdaddy wrote: »
    If you demand that they take the clamp off they'd be forced to. It's a criminal offence to interfere with a car and the guards would compell them to remove it

Is that tried and tested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

griffdaddy wrote: »

You don't deal with the clampers unless you catch them in the act.
    You have to phone an automated system and pay with a laser or credit card to get them to come out and take the clamp off.

Nothside SC. is a right kip. It hasn't changed a bit since the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The clamper's dont care, and its not just in northside SC. In blanch SC, the managing director was clamped in the loading area of the centre, (the one behind the big gate that the public cant get into) and he still had to pay the contracted company. Some places charge €120, and even €130 in a housing estate i know which is just crazy.

Is that tried and tested?

I remember reading similar on a thread here on boards.

Someone was clamped by private clampers in an apartment complex and that was the advice given, other's posted and said it had worked for them.

Defo one against Northside S.C.

Not 'the great, great shopping centre' anymore eh!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nice little Christmas nixer for some enterprising lad: "Clamp Removal - €30" :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

It's legal to take it off if you don't damage it. Damaging it is illegal.

How many times do we need to have this thread?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Davy wrote: »
    In blanch SC, the managing director was clamped in the loading area of the centre, (the one behind the big gate that the public cant get into) and he still had to pay the contracted company.

You mean he couldnt have parked in one of the 7,000 free spaces?

Ste.phen wrote: »

Don't look at me I didn't start it.

Anyway its good to highlight it again, as I for one never knew about previous threads and NSC clamping. :p

Ste.phen wrote: »

There's another thread here giving a heads up on clamping in Northside S.C.?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

As manager of a store in NS its actually to stop staff parking in the "prime" spaces around the centre, we now all must park in the "overflow" car park at atlantic.

So its not to get the shoppers, its to ensure that they get parking thats close to the centre

Advertisement