Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saw: The Game

• 08-12-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is any good? I'm not really that keen on games that are based off films. Because at least 70% of the time they turn out to be awful.
    I'm a big fan of the Saw films though, and a big fan of horror games.

Just wondering if this is decent enough to rent or buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I played through this recently, not a bad game at all. It plays a bit like a Silent Hill game (both Konami) It's six chapters altogether, each one 45 mins to an hour. Very twisted game in parts... just like the movies i suppose. One poor element is the melee combat, which is very hit and miss. Overall though, it's very decent, definitely worth at least a rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I quite like it too... I played through the first chapter last night and enjoyed it. Puzzles are pretty clever and the game has buckets of atmosphere. Its only supposed to be 6 hours long (or thereabouts) with no incentive to replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Was expecting this game to get a right bashing when I seen this thread. I haven't played it myself because I thought it would be useless, but I have to say from what you's have been saying its turned my opinion around. IS this available to rent as I'd like to have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Was expecting this game to get a right bashing when I seen this thread. I haven't played it myself because I thought it would be useless, but I have to say from what you's have been saying its turned my opinion around. IS this available to rent as I'd like to have a look at it.

I'm pretty sure they have it in Xtravision (in LK one anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Meh I didn't really like this game. Puzzles were very repetitive and the combat was just all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm pretty sure they have it in Xtravision (in LK one anyway)

Cheers, I'll check xtravision later.

Advertisement