Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Stickys; Some suggestions.

Options
  • 08-12-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭

With regards the "Music" forums. The rules state "no posting, asking for or offering lessons". This is in a Sticky on only one of the sub music forums. Maybe it would be a good idea to put this sticky on all the sub music forums ?

Another thing with stickys is that they don't stand out enough. Would it be possible to have them coloured as in the "adverts" section ? If it can be done over there, why not here. If not, then a blank space between the last sticky and the first thread would help a lot.

This would be a big help for new members (not to mention less work for the mods ;) ).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Before anyone else posts it, I might as well.

The first place to ask/suggest this is best done via PM to the relevant music mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

5starpool wrote: »
    Before anyone else posts it, I might as well.

The first place to ask/suggest this is best done via PM to the relevant music mods.

Fair enough. I'll send a PM to the Music mods, though my second suggestion concerns all forums that have stickys.

I'm hardly going to go through every forum to see if it has a sticky, then send a PM to the mod.

It is a general suggestion.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In a more general context then it might be worth an extra line in each of the music charters, but maybe not an extra sticky though. Music is not a place I visit though so I can't really comment on the specifics.

5starpool wrote: »
    In a more general context then it might be worth an extra line in each of the music charters, but maybe not an extra sticky though. Music is not a place I visit though so I can't really comment on the specifics.

Cant see the problem with an extra sticky in each of the sub music forums. The reason being, a lot of people just frequent one music sub forum (e.g. "Bands and Musicians") and post there offering lessons. Problem is, the sticky is in one of the other sub forums, so they obviously dont see it.

Anyway, I've sent a PM to the music mods, so we'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

I agree something should be done to highlight stickys better.

Coloured would be good but I think even a site-wide use of something like this icon icon2.gif in all sticky titles would help (example: Call of Duty forum).

• Advertisement

Takk wrote: »
    I agree something should be done to highlight stickys better.

Coloured would be good but I think even a site-wide use of something like this icon icon2.gif in all sticky titles would help (example: Call of Duty forum).

Yes. That would be a great help.

Advertisement