Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting - Reval. Reserve a/c Balances?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

We are doing Revaluation of Fixed Assets accounts at the moment. They are fine, but it just takes a while as the accounts have to be balanced 5 times (time consuming)

My accounting teacher said that you need to balance all accounts at the end of each year (unless there are no entries for a year in an account). However, in the marking scheme, for the Revaluation Reserve a/c, there are no balances included, apart from one at the very end. I assume this means that you don't lose marks if they aren't included.

My question is: Is it safe to assume that these balances are never needed? 27 minutes is allowed for this 60mark question, but I'm struggling to get it done in below 29 (I usually do them between 29-33 minutes). Not having to balance the Reval. Res. a/c would make this question a lot more doable in the allowed time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

2 minutes diffence. Don't worry too much about it.

You'd be better to include all balances though.

Advertisement