Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip of prices......

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Need to let off some steam at some events that p!**ed me of recently.

I need to get a new mouse for my laptop at home, so I looked up the PC World site and found the Logitech LX8 £17.99. I tought ok if the £/€ rate was at abou 90cent that 10% and if I allow another 20% for tax/vat then I would be happy to pay maybe €25. Down to Airside and found the mouse........but holy crap it is €40 that is a 122.9% of a difference.

Now if there is a truck of identical product being delivered to Dublin and to Aberdeen why should we be screwed over for not having UK post code. In fact forget Aberdeen; Derry and Belfast seem to have the same prices so the argument if offered by PC World of crossing the Irish Sea would not hold the lovely glowing Sellafield enriched water.

So what did I do.....complain, absolutely.....that did nothing except bother the frightened manager.....probably just a stand in. He did not set the corporate policy to screw the Irish consumer anyway. After that I walked to Harvey Normans....MS travel mouse €9.....nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wrong forum there man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement