Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC offering 30Mbps broadband and problems with upgrade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

I spoke with someone in UPC last week. Apparently, they rolled this out a month too early. He said he was a user himself and is having the same problems.
    I asked when did he think this would get fixed, he said end of February.
    They are working on the issues as we speak, but they got a little overexcited on the launch of the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

padair wrote: »
    THe user name will be admin. Not too sure about the password. If you check the manufactures guide online you will probable find it.

The Cisco has no username. When 1st setup, when asked for username/password, just click ok. It will ask you to setup a password.

If you have setup a password, just leave username blank and enter the password in the password field.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

Afternoon all
    I've just moved from BT to Vodafone - and am looking into UPC, hence this post ! - but reading back over the posts here, I'm not sure if that's such a wise move. Basically, my d/l speeds have gone to pot since the move, and I'm looking at one of te UPC bundles anyway.....I'm in Leixlip, so if there's anybody here with first-hand experience in the area, please let me know. Appreciate it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Speeds crap again this evening, has anyone heard back from UPC officially yet?

702187571.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'm fine. This is wireless, it would be higher if I plugged it in. My wireless on the Netgear maxes out at about this.

702195725.png

Upload still sh1te though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

702251725.png

This is the worst I've seen on my connection... :mad:

WOW That is terrible & 189 ping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

702279928.png

Upgraded to the 30mb line from the 20 and getting this now. I was getting 10mb before the upgrade! The ping is also insanelyyy bad O_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SonicTitan

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Speeds crap again this evening, has anyone heard back from UPC officially yet?

702187571.png

Your speeds are indeed strange. I'm in Clondalkin aswell and never get them that bad.

702331249.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

15mb line. Dublin 15
    UPC HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, this is an utter utter disgrace. Cant get through on the phones either :mad::mad::mad::mad:

702342894.png

• Advertisement

L5 wrote: »
    15mb line.
    UPC HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, this is an utter utter disgrace. Cant get through on the phones either :mad::mad::mad::mad:

702342894.png

Thats not UPC either!!! Esat, Jesus guys do you not check your connections beforehand, good job you didn't get through on the phone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 knucklesnoonan

I just got UPC Broadband 30mb (2 cans connected with a string) installed last Friday in D12. I thought this was the fastest Fibre Powered all the business type of crap that they are advertising. It ran at 1.7mb on Saturday and 17mb on Sunday. Its now 13.5mb has anyone hit the 30mb. I also have the phone with them and its distorted most of the time. Any gaming is slow and video distorted. I am hardwired in with ethernet. Am I taking a step backwards or what? Will it ever work. After 15mins on the phone they informed me I will need a callout on Thursday pm. Can anyone please advise if I should have everything boxed and ready to hand back or will it ever work if I hold on to it. As far as I am concerned I have been sold a product that does not work .

http://www.speedtest.net/result/702338275.png

L5 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

im with UPC. dont patronise me. No idea why esat is showing, thats just the isp of the server i think.

I am not patronising you but you are not connected to UPC during that speedtest, most likely wirelessly connected to one of your neighbours.

Its not the isp of server, the server is hosted by Digiweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

apologies. My UPC connection is not connecting at all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

how wil the UPC go about installing Fibre cables in houses and replacing the normal cable broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

how wil the UPC go about installing Fibre cables in houses and replacing the normal cable broadband?

If i have the 11mbps now that means ill get the 15 mbps...and about time they decided to raise the upload speed...it sux having such low upload speed

702370926.png btw thats in Cabra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm in Swords and have been getting a paltry 1-2mb/s all evening. It's becoming a regular occurrence. Every evening I'm down to 1-5mb/s. Ridiculous.

They are only sending in the broadband over the existing copper cables. Its just an advertising stunt once people hear fibre they instantly think of fast speeds.

They should also advertise contention ratios of 24-1 and poor tech support. Supplying the punter with a product that wont work.

Its like have a racing car and it will only do 10km per hour

The pings look terrible. Does not matter if you have 10 meg upload for gaming if the ping is not good.
    Jes might just stick with Magnet.(DSL)

When UPC works it is great, they should be able to sort this out. I was on 10Mb line and always got good speeds both peak and off peak. Then the upgrade came and speeds got worse. But reckon they are still worth going with.

• Advertisement

I just got UPC Broadband 30mb (2 cans connected with a string) installed last Friday in D12. I thought this was the fastest Fibre Powered all the business type of crap that they are advertising. It ran at 1.7mb on Saturday and 17mb on Sunday. Its now 13.5mb has anyone hit the 30mb. I also have the phone with them and its distorted most of the time. Any gaming is slow and video distorted. I am hardwired in with ethernet. Am I taking a step backwards or what? Will it ever work. After 15mins on the phone they informed me I will need a callout on Thursday pm. Can anyone please advise if I should have everything boxed and ready to hand back or will it ever work if I hold on to it. As far as I am concerned I have been sold a product that does not work .

http://www.speedtest.net/result/702338275.png

Well if you are not prepared to wait and see what the engineer says, you are probably better off cancelling now within your 7 day cooling off period.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

702593040.png

15mb here in Waterford, on a wireless network here also, my speeds are pretty consistent throughout the day to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

I have the 20 meg package. is the upgrade to 30mb free?
    how do I go about getting it?

cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

It must be a contention thing as i'm getting this speed now.

702812381.png

alpomb wrote: »
    702251725.png

This is the worst I've seen on my connection... :mad:

Just a note on that.. the Limerick server is terrible, I can never get any decent speeds off of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Just a note on that.. the Limerick server is terrible, I can never get any decent speeds off of it!

Thanks, I'll remember that. Used to get 15Mb down (on the 20Mb connection) on the same server last year though, and ping of 50ms which is fine.

It was super fast compared to this *****

alpomb wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll remember that. Used to get 15Mb down (on the 20Mb connection) on the same server last year though, and ping of 50ms which is fine.

It was super fast compared to this *****

For good gaming you are looking for a sub 20 ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Delaine

703111555.png

The above is by far the best I've gotten out of my 30Mbit package since it was installed yesterday.

Just checked my Broadband

703126825.png

• Advertisement

Delaine wrote: »
    703111555.png

The above is by far the best I've gotten out of my 30Mbit package since it was installed yesterday.

Again, try Galway or Dublin, the Limerick server is literally sh*te

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement