Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse sacks torn up and stickers removed

Options
  • 08-12-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi folks, I am new to this forum and not sure if we already have a thread on this issue, couldn’t find one using the search box.
    Anyway, there seem to be people around tearing up refuse sacks ready for collection outside houses and ripping off the household waste stickers. Has anybody else seen that happen or is it just an isolated series of events in Phibsborough? I find this sort of antisocial behaviour extremely annoying and am wondering whether this could be just kids messing about or something more worrying…

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hi folks, I am new to this forum and not sure if we already have a thread on this issue, couldn’t find one using the search box.
    Anyway, there seem to be people around tearing up refuse sacks ready for collection outside houses and ripping off the household waste stickers. Has anybody else seen that happen or is it just an isolated series of events in Phibsborough? I find this sort of antisocial behaviour extremely annoying and am wondering whether this could be just kids messing about or something more worrying…

I'd imagine it's kids messing..

Out of curiousity, what would you imagine to be the 'more worrying' cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

xzanti wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's kids messing..

Out of curiousity, what would you imagine to be the 'more worrying' cause?

Yeah, surely the most likely culprits. Was wondering whether it’s just kids ripping off the stickers for what they see as “fun” or maybe someone planning to make money out of them somehow, reselling or whatever, some sort of “waste sticker black market”... Sounds ridiculous? Well, you never know in times such as these…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That genuinely wouldn't surprise me. Only a matter of time before Pawel comes to the door offering cheap waste removal solutions :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Actually, yeah nothing would suprise me either..

We once caught people going through the office wheely bin looking for letter heading to forge reference letters..

They had been in the office a few minutes earlier asking if we had any vacancies, when told no they started asking us for compliments slips etc so they could "keep tabs on where they had applied" the boss, naturally ran them.. brazen feckers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

complain to your local warden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Yeah, surely the most likely culprits. Was wondering whether it’s just kids ripping off the stickers for what they see as “fun” or maybe someone planning to make money out of them somehow, reselling or whatever, some sort of “waste sticker black market”... Sounds ridiculous? Well, you never know in times such as these…

There's been loads of cases of bin tags being robbed around lucan over the last few years. Mainly it's by people who want to use the tag themselves rather than resale. That's why SDCC have brought in an electronic system to do away with tags.

lord lucan wrote: »
    There's been loads of cases of bin tags being robbed around lucan over the last few years. Mainly it's by people who want to use the tag themselves rather than resale. [...]

really doesn’t get much lower than that…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

really doesn’t get much lower than that…

Yes it does..the arseholes who leave bags of rubbish beside trees and lamposts on binday because they dont want to pay bin charges...the scumbags know full well the council will eventually remove them but usually not before the stuff has been strewn all over the street by dogs.

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes it does..the arseholes who leave bags of rubbish beside trees and lamposts [...]

…or in or by the canals…so yeah, it does indeed get lower…I recently saw a whole pile of refuse sacks, many torn open, by the Royal Canal near Croke Park…like some refuse collection truck had dumped its load there…really a sickening sight…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes it does..the arseholes who leave bags of rubbish beside trees and lamposts on binday because they dont want to pay bin charges...the scumbags know full well the council will eventually remove them but usually not before the stuff has been strewn all over the street by dogs.

It beggars belief. :mad:

I live on an estate with a management company that locked the bin-sheds and only gave keys to people who had paid waste fees. The locks are continually broken off or bags just dumped outside in their dozens.

What is up with these kind of people?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

People around my ares dont put the tags on until the morning just before the trucks are doing the rounds. Leaving them on the night before almost always results in some filthy gypsie tearing the bar open.

Masada wrote: »
    People around my ares dont put the tags on until the morning just before the trucks are doing the rounds. Leaving them on the night before almost always results in some filthy gypsie tearing the bar open.

That seems to be the only solution I’m afraid…what a sick joke…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rb wrote: »
    That genuinely wouldn't surprise me. Only a matter of time before Pawel comes to the door offering cheap waste removal solutions :pac:

Who's Pawel? Is he some lad around your way that's a bit dodgy or are you just getting a nice big brush there and tarring Eastern Europe with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

stovelid wrote: »
    I live on an estate with a management company that locked the bin-sheds and only gave keys to people who had paid waste fees. The locks are continually broken off or bags just dumped outside in their dozens.

My management company put gates on the car parks to stop peoples cars being burned out. *Everyone* was given a key free of charge but a select few just get as far as the gates and dump their rubbish there. It doesn't take long for birds or the wind to pull the bags open and leave nappies and food all over the place. Scum doesn't do them justice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Who's Pawel? Is he some lad around your way that's a bit dodgy or are you just getting a nice big brush there and tarring Eastern Europe with it?

Not offended by the slight to our traveller neighbours? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

“waste sticker black market”

Brilliant:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

…or in or by the canals…so yeah, it does indeed get lower…I recently saw a whole pile of refuse sacks, many torn open, by the Royal Canal near Croke Park…like some refuse collection truck had dumped its load there…really a sickening sight…

The council can trace these people by getting bills etc from the bags but i dont know if they can be bothered.
    The bags have been appearing round my way for ages.
    I suspect its the same people too as they tend to leave the bags beside lamposts or trees in the same general area.
    There's also a fat bastard who lives in acorner house in finglas and his attitude to litter is to dump it over his wall onto the green verge where his neighbours kids burn it for fun...of course the council have to clean up the resulting mess while he enjoys his lie-in full of dole-beer :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Gaspode wrote: »

I said gypsie, Not eastern europians or travelers,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Gaspode wrote: »

I can't be offended by everyone's posts. I don't have all day. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The council can trace these people by getting bills etc from the bags

Never thought of this. I wonder would the litter warden do it?

We're all paying through the nose for the waste charge and a bunch of people just dump for free.

I'd almost be afraid to chance upon somebody doing it as I think I'd lose it.

• Advertisement

I said gypsie, Not eastern europians or travelers,.

like "real" romanian gypsies you mean? there's a bunch of them around in my area...or some folks who appear to be romanian gypsies anyway...and I have in fact long had them on my suspect list for the torn-up refuse sacks...

Advertisement