If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB radio with alarm clock function?

Options
  • 08-12-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys/guyettes,

I'm looking for a good price for a DAB radio with alarm clock features or even an alarm clock with DAB features. I know some of the Pure systems have them built in but curious if anything else you carry does?

As a plan B, could you tell me about what ipod capable alarm clock thingy's you might have but I'd hate to be without the RTE XFM.

Have a upper limit of 80 unless there's a serious bargain agoing (still dream of that Denon S52DAB that went in the last stock take, stupid pre-wedding chores keeping me off the internet and spending her money...)

Cheers,

Martin.

P.S. Hoping to have a TV request in once I figure out what the sis-in-law has sent me as a short list...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Chad_Fantastic

I have plenty of Alarm clocks and 1 DAB radio but at the moment they dont combine!

I do have this however
    The Philips DCB146 its a CD, FM Radio and iPod docking system that has DAB and Radio or CD Alarm on board

www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dcb146_05/dcb146_05_pss_eng.pdf

We sell this for €99.99 but you can take your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount off this price if you like bringing it to €89.99

I have 'em instore if you'd like a demo

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

I have also been struggling to get a DAB radio that suits my needs and came across the site below. There is a great range available and I hope to pursue one of these.

Cheers.

http://www.getdigitalradio.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chad_Fantastic

Thanks Ash, that's a nice bit o'kit, I'm checking the formfactor for AF with the W and she might be in Dublin this Sunday with her sis whom I'm already advising to call in to see D'tellys.

Mind you,if I was going to put a mini hifi sized thing in the room I'd have liked it with DVD and divx support, ye don't do anything like that do you (wouldn’t care about the dab so much)?

And just to confuse things further, I found this jobbie on my travels, the Philips DCB210, will you be getting them in at all?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5139457/Trail/searchtext%3EDAB.htm

Thanks again for the help!

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Martin,

Just off the phone with Philips. The DCB210 is not on their system and according to the sales team there it is not due to come in. Sorry about that. Looks like a nice little peice of kit.

As to the other query. I have the MCD388 which has no DAB but does have USB / SD / and Aux inputs, Plays DVD and CD and does DivX. You can also wall mount this unit. The only drawback that may be a problem is the subwoofer. Not sure if you want something with a sub in your room.

This retails at €299.99 instore which comes to €269.99 with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount.

Spec: http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/micro-system/hdmi-1080p-mcd388_12/prd/ie/

Have a look and let me know what you think, :rolleyes:

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Thanks for that Nicola, it would have fit the bill nicely but I think argos may have been a little previous listing it, there looks to be 1 or 2 month lead time against it on any etailer that has it so no wonder it's not in the system

The DVD micro is a little rich for my blood, I do suffer pretty terminal scope creep when buying gadgets but it just too big a jump from where I started. A bit nice though!

The interest is still with the DAB micro system, herself is in Dublin on Sunday so should be poping in for a looksee.

And considering the hangover that's in it, Merry Christmas to all the RS and Philips team!

M.

• Advertisement

Hi Ash and Nicola,

John Mc posted this thingy on another thread

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/w/w...05_pss_eng.pdf

for £59.95 / €67.99 and I think I'll get that, not DAB, no alarm but I can get PhantomFM and it's very gadgety and after all, that's what christmas is all about!!!!!

I've asked him to keep one for me but he's a busy boy so I figured I'd echo that here, not sure if somebody will be calling in to get it for me or if I'll be tacking it on to a TV order or if I'll just get it myself but it will be ordered next week at some stage.

Cheers,

Martin.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Ash and Nicola,

John Mc posted this thingy on another thread

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/w/w...05_pss_eng.pdf

for £59.95 / €67.99 and I think I'll get that, not DAB, no alarm but I can get PhantomFM and it's very gadgety and after all, that's what christmas is all about!!!!!

I've asked him to keep one for me but he's a busy boy so I figured I'd echo that here, not sure if somebody will be calling in to get it for me or if I'll be tacking it on to a TV order or if I'll just get it myself but it will be ordered next week at some stage.

Cheers,

Martin.

Chad,

not a problem - I guess you are talking about the WAS6050 - we will reserve one of those for you in The Philips Shop and we will have the red carpet out for the boss.....

Thanks as ever and drop me a line if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.