Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraising Idea

• 08-12-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have an idea that I think would be an excellent funding opportunity for any charity who would like to take it on.

My own recent circumstances have forced me to become a lot more frugal during the recent economic downturn. And this has led me to stumble across, what I think is an innovative method of fundraising. I have done this .... but in reality it,s not really worth in on a small scale.

Maybe someone has though of it and dismissed it, anyway here goes.

I see receipts left at the tesco checkouts that say
    "You could have earned *** clubcard points"
    (Where *** is a number related to the shoppers spend)

These are the receipts of people who
    1)Don't have a Tesco clubcard
    2)Have forgotten their clubcard
    3)Forgotten to swipe their clubcard

A charity could organise volunteer(s) to collect these unused receipts. Or even just a collection point in the store where shoppers might deposit the till receipts.

These receipts can be brought to customer service and the unclaimed points can be put on your Tesco clubcard and exchanged for cash vouchers every quarter.

In addition and the by far the biggest aspect here is..... not only could you collect the receipts that people dont, put through the system....but you could ask people to donate their points, simply by not swiping their clubcard and donating the till receipt. Definitely, people would be more inclined to donate club points, which the charity could then redeem.

One obstacle I see here, is the reluctance of Tesco to row in, as maybe they factor in the non collection of clubcard points.

Sorry to seem to be trying to get something out of it for myself, but......If someone thinks this would work and makes their charity a fortune, may I ask that they consider me for a job. I have recently been made unemployed, I am 44 years old, live in Waterford and have a degree in Manufacturing engineering and I am currently studying for a degree in IT.

This is not that important really.....If someone could generate additional charitable funds...Brilliant.

Advertisement