Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need suggestions for a replacement modem

• 08-12-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

ive got smart broadband with a thompson ST546 and its utter ****e.
    after being onto tech support, its not possible to change the password's as they shipped a faulty batch of modem's that when you try to change the password, it locks you out until you do a factory reset.

so can someone reccommend me a decent replacement?
    id like to keep the price under 50 quid if possible!
    current setup is

phoneline > thompson ST546 > wireless router > computer's & laptop's.

Comments

This is a solid router if you dont need gigabit ethernet.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=340639

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭M15

Anything made by Netgear, Cisco, Linksys, or any other brand

Just stay the hell away from Belkin there are rubish, as are D-Link

Also dont waste your time buying it from komplett there customer service is crap. I mean if you like arguements and long wait times on phones great, but if you value your sanity ofset the price difference and go somewhere like Maplin or Peats, it may be dearer but you can't put a price on your sanity
    david7536 wrote: »
    This is a solid router if you dont need gigabit ethernet.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=340639

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

M15 wrote: »
    Anything made by Netgear, Cisco, Linksys, or any other brand

Just stay the hell away from Belkin there are rubish, as are D-Link

Also dont waste your time buying it from komplett there customer service is crap. I mean if you like arguements and long wait times on phones great, but if you value your sanity ofset the price difference and go somewhere like Maplin or Peats, it may be dearer but you can't put a price on your sanity

ive bought off komplett for almost 3 years now, and never once have i had a problem with them.
    ive had small order's of usb memory sticks,
    bundle's of component's worth 700+
    and a fully built computer over 1500.

several times ive had to contact their customer support agent's, and never experienced any of the problems you listed.

but i do agree with you on the sweex. 2 friends of mine have the sweex wireless usb adapter's, and they are rubbish.

Advertisement