Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Prices In Kildare

Options
  • 08-12-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Just woundering how much everyone pays for there coal for 20kg and 40kg bags?

We pay €19 for a 40 kg bag up ihn the local shop and €12 for the 20kg bag is there anywere cheaper? were living less than 10 miles from newbridge?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

9.60 ish for 25kg in McLoughlins. (Can't remember exact price but less than a tenner).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

It's €13.50 for 40kg (smokeless) in Kilcock, at the Summerhill road junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

thee glitz wrote: »

That's the cheapest I've ever heard, they must do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

€18/40kg delivered, for country blend from Quinns, Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Clare Bear wrote: »
    That's the cheapest I've ever heard, they must do well!

It's quite good. It's cheap because they literally have no overheads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Bump for prices around Naas/Newbridge/Kildare town/Rathangan.

Any good prices found out there recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

thee glitz wrote: »

The 20kg bag is only €8
    Peat briquettes are 3.50 and a bag of logs is 4.50

And they put everything in your car for you :D

I picked up a 20KG bag of Economy Coal today for E5.99 in the Fraser Petrol station in Kilcullen.
    It's nice and chunky and burning great,will be getting more at that price :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Gregsor wrote: »
    I picked up a 20KG bag of Economy Coal today for E5.99 in the Fraser Petrol station in Kilcullen.
    It's nice and chunky and burning great,will be getting more at that price :D.

Good to hear that Gregsor, wonder if he's offering that deal in the Newbridge garage, might drop in there in the morn and check. FYI, the cheapest I found around Newb was at that place beside Timbercraft (buy4less?), E7.75 20kg bag.

Snaggerman wrote: »
    Good to hear that Gregsor, wonder if he's offering that deal in the Newbridge garage, might drop in there in the morn and check. FYI, the cheapest I found around Newb was at that place beside Timbercraft (buy4less?), E7.75 20kg bag.

Yes i picked up a bag from them the other week,i wasn't impressed tbh,alot of slack and very small pieces mixed in,more than you would expect.
    I think it's been brought in from the North or UK going by the ph no on the bag anyway.
    I can vouch for the Fraser though,toastie :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

there are different grades of coal - the premium grade always works out better in long run.

best deal i've got is 4 x 40kg bord na mona premium polish coal for €60 in king oil athy.

Thats a good deal alright,^^ but is it worth the extra E12 though for the 160 kgs,thats another 40kgs of economy for me or 2 weeks fuel at this rate.
    Just finished off the bag of the economy and i have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Just to confirm, the Fraser garage in Newbridge has that economy fuel 20kg @ €5.99. Picked some up this morning and as Gregsor says, toasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Just ordered from Merrins in Naas, coal €7 for polish 20kg, €4 briquettes and €92.50 for 47kg propane...also with free delivery to Newbridge.

The spar in Ballymany is great for briquettes - 3 bales for €10.

Combine that with fraser's coal prices and you'll have plenty of good value heat.

Anyone see a good price for Kerosene top ups?
    I got a 20ltr in Kilcullen for E23 that was including the drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

Anyone got any prices for coal in North Kildare/West Dublin.
    Have only got through to 2 places (both in CLondalkin)
    €18.50 and €19.50/40kg bag.

Anyone know of anywhere else nearby? Surely there's cheaper...?

Anyone got any prices for coal in North Kildare/West Dublin.
    Have only got through to 2 places (both in CLondalkin)
    €18.50 and €19.50/40kg bag.

Anyone know of anywhere else nearby? Surely there's cheaper...?

All coal sold / delivered in Dublin (and certain other towns) must be smokeless. http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Atmosphere/AirQuality/BituminousCoalBan/

This does not stop you travelling to Naas / Newbridge to fill up and drive back to Dublin, but within the Dublin area you'll have to pay a premium for smokless coal as it costs more to produce. - Less chimney cleaning though!:D

here's a gumtree ad for clondalkin offering €8 for 20kg smokeless http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/55/67390255.html

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

"Anyone see a good price for Kerosene top ups?
    I got a 20ltr in Kilcullen for E23 that was including the drum."

I enquired in Toghers Newhall yesterday. E20 for 20ltr incl drum. If you bring back the drum or you have your own drum to start with it's 86c per ltr.

kildaremum wrote: »
    "Anyone see a good price for Kerosene top ups?
    I got a 20ltr in Kilcullen for E23 that was including the drum."

I enquired in Toghers Newhall yesterday. E20 for 20ltr incl drum. If you bring back the drum or you have your own drum to start with it's 86c per ltr.

Yes i picked up some from there yesterday,E17.60 for the 20ltr,not too bad.

Fraser's Newbridge out of Economy coal till next week,just when you need it most :eek: :)

• Advertisement

Frasers Kilcullen also out of economy coal

Frasers Kilcullen also out of economy coal

My better half picked up a bag there just before 6pm yesterday,must have been the last, was going to get another one too today :mad:.

Checked with Mcloughlins yesterday on their price per bag,E9.75 for a E25kg bag is all they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I know its slightly out of the way but it might be some good to some of you?

Brown's Animal feeds in Portlaoise in Clonminam Ind Estate (right across from telford's in telford's car park etc) have 40kg bags of coal for €11.50. Telfords have 2 for €25.

Just in case it helps.

Frasers in kilcullen are back in stock,got another this evening,plenty there.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I've got 3 bags of the Economy Coal in Frasers in the last few weeks and have found it great. Thanks to this thread wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

€11 for 40kg in Donegal :P

mk2 wrote: »
    €11 for 40kg in Donegal :P

Will they deliver?:rolleyes:,sure it's only a short trip these days!

Heads up lads. No economy coal in Frasers in Newbridge. Asked the foreign guy behind the counter when it would be in and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "when ever".

Because no economy in Frasers, Newbridge last week I bought 40kg bag of premium. Certainly worked up a sweat trying to get it out of the car and up the few steps to the front door - lots of small bits and loads of coal dust towards the end of the bag. Got 2 bags of economy in Frasers, Kilcullen yesterday - supplies fairly low there .

• Advertisement

Because no economy in Frasers, Newbridge last week I bought 40kg bag of premium. Certainly worked up a sweat trying to get it out of the car and up the few steps to the front door - lots of small bits and loads of coal dust towards the end of the bag. Got 2 bags of economy in Frasers, Kilcullen yesterday - supplies fairly low there .

They didn't even have any of the 40kg bags left yesterday.

Advertisement