Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Prices In Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Any one know if they've any economy back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Any one know if they've any economy back in?

I couldn't see any in Newbridge when i drove by today,ending up gettind a 25KG from Mcgloughlins for E9 something :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Jesus im been robbed , Daybreak in Athgarvan are selling a 20kg bag of polish for €10.30:mad:

Eurospar in Kildare have 20kg bag of Polish Coal for €9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

I got 3 x 40kg high heat coal in Brennans Kilcullen the other day for €36... €13 per bag.

• Advertisement

I got 3 x 40kg high heat coal in Brennans Kilcullen the other day for €36... €13 per bag.

Nice! What's the coal like?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I picked up 2 more economy bags in Frasers Kilcullen this morning E11.98 all in,lady said they received a delivery yesterday but the stock was flying out :eek:
    Brennans is a good alternative too,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Nice! What's the coal like?

Brilliant. Nice chunky nuggets too. Fabulous heat out of it. I went down and got it myself but i do know they deliver.

Are the same as Brennans in Newbridge? Would they have the same deal in the Maxol?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Dont know where post about guy delivering in Newbridge is gone, but I saw lots of economy in Frasers in Newbridge the other day when I was passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Any update on coal prices especially south Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

ROS123 wrote: »
    Any update on coal prices especially south Kildare

Quinns in Broadfield , Naas

40kg E11.50 collected cash price

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chrisbuckley

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Quinns in Broadfield , Naas

40kg E11.50 collected cash price
    where abouts in naas are they ? where is broadfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Try Conlons Texaco Garage in Athy - 20kg bags for €6 and 3 bails of briquetts for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just querying, is Naas a smokeless fuel area?

I bought a bag of polish coal in Ratoath last week 40kg for €16 but someone said it wasnt smokeless so I shouldnt be using it in Naas.

How do you know the difference? Have to say the heat from the fire was unreal

Also, whats this economy coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Any 2011 prices? Esp for briquettes?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    just querying, is Naas a smokeless fuel area?

I bought a bag of polish coal in Ratoath last week 40kg for €16 but someone said it wasnt smokeless so I shouldnt be using it in Naas.

How do you know the difference? Have to say the heat from the fire was unreal

Also, whats this economy coal?

Naas (and Leixlip/Celbride) are smokeless.

The bag will state whether it is or not. Generally smokeless sold here has reformed, erm, "blobs" is the best I can describe them as.

Generally all retailers in the area itself and for a bit around it only sell smokeless, I made the mistake of buying some from the Esso in Maynooth when I was having trouble with an oil burner and it produced bog all heat. However there's good smokeless too, anthracite I think. Everyone else in the town sells 'normal' coal, just Esso seem to think its a few miles down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

rondeco wrote: »
    Any 2011 prices? Esp for briquettes?

Chadwicks in Naas (on newbridge road out of naas) are selling 3x40kg bags of coal for 36euro. The best deal I've seen around.
    Spar in Moorefield have 3 bales briquettes for a tenner. Not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Juan bu

Walsh's beside the hazel in Monasterevin have great fuel I have tried a lot of different coal the cheap ones the branded ones and I find that for an extra few euro you get better heating longer burning no sparks and very little dirt in the fire place the next morning so because of the better heat and longer burning you don't use as much and you end up saving money they also do deliveries and have been doing this for years my advice try it out I myself seen a big difference they also do bnm briquettes,logs calor gas and ton bags of peat moss

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Juan bu wrote: »
    Walsh's beside the hazel in Monasterevin have great fuel I have tried a lot of different coal the cheap ones the branded ones and I find that for an extra few euro you get better heating longer burning no sparks and very little dirt in the fire place the next morning so because of the better heat and longer burning you don't use as much and you end up saving money they also do deliveries and have been doing this for years my advice try it out I myself seen a big difference they also do bnm briquettes,logs calor gas and ton bags of peat moss

Would you by any chance have a connection with them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

murty01 wrote: »
    Chadwicks in Naas (on newbridge road out of naas) are selling 3x40kg bags of coal for 36euro. The best deal I've seen around.

Is that smokeless?

Nearest I've found is Murphys out by Mondello but its 16.50 for a 40kg bag of Polish

That time of the year again folks. Any deals to be got out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

There is a lad outside kilcullin selling 40kg black diamond polish coal for 16 euro this is the best price i have seen around,only down side is you would have to collect yourself ,he doesn't do delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

€50 for 3 bags of 40kg & 2 bales of briquettes in glanbia monasterevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Bump for any good current prices out there??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

3 for 10 euro for briquettes,turf and logs around Maynooth seems the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Got 40kg of coal for 14.95 in Mc Carthys in Prosperous . Bord Na Mona coal . Seems to burn ok as well.

After the a few phone calls it seems to be the cheapest .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

brokenarms wrote: »
    Got 40kg of coal for 14.95 in Mc Carthys in Prosperous . Bord Na Mona coal . Seems to burn ok as well.

After the a few phone calls it seems to be the cheapest .

Agreed, that is a great price. For the same coal, it's €7.50 for a 20kg bag in Kilcock - the place is just by the roadside at the T-junction with the Kilcock to Summerhill (Trim) road, on the left when driving westbound from Kilcock towards Enfield. Always good deals there. I think they have 20KG bags of Black Diamond @ €8 per bag.

Advertisement