Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XT600e v Dr350 v XR400

• 08-12-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these or can anyone recommend either bike?
    Kinda leaning towards the XT but I only passed the test a few weeks ago so it would have to be restricted along with the XR.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Any reason for the trials type bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Well I'm on a trails at the moment and I have to drive across the city every morning to work so I rather them for city traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Have you ever driven anything else?

I have. Do you hate trail bikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the dr gets my vote
    ]
    and there aint nothing better in town than a trials

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the xt unrestricted would be a better bike but the suki is lovley as she is
    grippy tryres and away you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Build quality would have to be Honda and if you intend on doing any offroad work likewise. DR is a proven machine but the build won't compare with the XR.
    XT is a different kettle, more grunt but a little heavier, Personally I would go with the 600, XT lineage is as long as the XR.
    For me, it would depend on what you want to do.
    Offroad XR-DR
    Onroad XT600
    I have an NX650 myself and they are a great machine for urban usage and can be got for handy money these days, smooth and grunty engine as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nice one on passing the test. Xt gets my vote.

Is the NX650 basically a tidier african twin?

The XT seems to be the alrounder alright. The XR would probably be overkill if I wasn't going offroad every weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

NX650 is a single not a twin.
    They are a lot lighter than the AT,not as big a tank either 17l is the standard size.
    17" back wheel and 21" front I use Avon Gripster AM24 they work well on bigger trailies.
    Worth a look if you find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

for road use and off road the then xt all the way

for just off orad only then the xr best but it is kick start so be pain it cant start it when hot.

the xt and xr have stonking good engines and very reliable

have you got an actual bike for sale in mind?

Advertisement