Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What website do you download your eBooks from?

• 08-12-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi

Am thinking of getting myself an eReader for christmas....I know...Im very good to myself!

Anyway researching the different eReaders available at the moment and was wonder where people download their eBooks from.

Do you have any particular you favour, or any you dont like at all?

All opinions welcome and appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

www.diesel-ebooks.com - some books are removed when you get to the checkout for copyright / licensing reasons (only available in the US etc).

www.booksonboard.com - signed up with a google checkout account with a US billing address, that they haven't verified so I get the books at a good price there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DirectEbooks

Please contact the boards.ie admin team if you wish to pay to advertise

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

Just got an e reader and I'm having a lot of problems trying to find some books and then downloading them. Tried booksonboard but couldn't use my Google checkout. "payment method not valid". Do I need to set up a complete new account with Google Mail etc?

Not sure what you mean by tablet - is that the e reader? I have a Sony e reader and I'm just trying to find the easiest and cheapest way to get my e books! Any suggestions?

lola1 wrote: »
    Just got an e reader and I'm having a lot of problems trying to find some books and then downloading them. Tried booksonboard but couldn't use my Google checkout. "payment method not valid". Do I need to set up a complete new account with Google Mail etc?

Have you set up your credit card details with Google?

• Advertisement

Yes I have but I think there is some reason why they won't send books to Ireland? Or am I wrong there? I did get a book from Waterstones but I believe they are a lot cheaper in the US.

Ah, yeah - that could be it. I seem to have accidentally given Google a US billing address so I can buy the books. I'd expect that they would make it a bit more clear that this is the problem though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Posh2101

I download all my books from freebookspot.com, never had problem with them. It's easy and they are free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I always use Amazon.co.uk. Everything is pretty cheap and so easy to download :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

jc84 wrote: »
    iTunes

Really? there is nothing there but very old stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Really? there is nothing there but very old stuff.

I buy all my books off of the us iTunes store, the Irish store is crap they really need to get it sorted, I buy some stuff off amazon for kindle and just use the app for iPad

Advertisement