Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ontology in Information Systems

• 08-12-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

I'm in my first year of a BIS PHD program and we have been given an assignment but I'm having trouble with a part of it.

Its the ontology of information systems that I just can't quite get my head around. We must look at past and present literature on the ontology and explain the state of it.

The way I have gone about it so far is the Relativist vs. Realist issue and this is compared and both are explained.

However I was wondering if I should also include the literature we have done on theories in this section, or would that be better suited to the methodology part of the assignment?

Feel free to add anything what I have looked at so far or if you have any papers that you think might be of use.

Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Copied and pasted citations from stuff I wrote on ontologies:

Zúñiga; 2001
    Gruber et al. (1995).
    (Gruber; 2008).
    Welty and Guarino; 2001; Wilson; 2004
    Mizoguchi; 2003
    Schulze-Kremer; 2002
    Welty; 2003
    McGuinness; 2005