Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick Pastry

Options
  • 08-12-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Delia Smith Classic Christmas was on the other night, she made a really simple canape using Brick Pastry. It's a type of ready made pastry, Tunisian in origin but now made in France called Feuille de Brick. It looks and feels like fine lacy cloth with a satiny sheen and texture. When fried, it's crisper than springroll pastry and when baked, it has a melt in the mouth crunchiness but better than filo. I will try it with Puff Pastry, I don't like Filo much. Has anyone ever seen this anywhere, particularly in Cork City??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I tried looking for this and didn't have any luck. Waitroses seem to be the only place that stock it in the UK so I didn't have any luck in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

If you're ever up in Dublin, Fallon & Byrne stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

If you're ever up in Dublin, Fallon & Byrne stock it.

I'll be up in Dublin after xmas, but was sort of hoping to get it before then and try it over the xmas. Good to know though, thanks.

Advertisement