Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trigger Adjustment

Options
  • 08-12-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for some advice on adjusting my x-mark pro trigger to have a lighter and crispier pull than the factory 9 or 10lb setting which is just too much:(
    Looked for some information online but to no avail unfortunately, everyone keeps saying they adjust the same way as the old remmie 700 trigger, so I don't know..
    Thanks for any advice received lads :)

cheers, Kay9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Get a Timmney cost ya about €120 saves a lot of messig with stock trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

You may have come across this allready if you were scouring the net???

Posts number 10 & 11 are relevent.

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48457

Hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Hi you are much better off taking out trigger and fitting timney, jewel as bunny shooter says also your much safer as the main fault in the x pro trigger is consistency once you go adjusting it down. I adjusted one i had down to around 15oz using trigger pull gauge and it was breaking from 10oz to nearly 30oz no consistency so i just pulled it out and fitted timney for a finish. Alot of shooters prefer the old remy trigger and there seems to be alot of complaints about the x pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If ya got €300 spare, Jewell ;)

I liked the x mark pro trigger myself once adjusted. I won't offer advice, as I forget which bit was adjusted and don't want to be sending you the wrong road when it comes to triggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Who stocks Timney triggers over here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Get a Timmney cost ya about €120 saves a lot of messig with stock trigger
    +1 on that. Brian duffy Galway stocks them in or around €120. figgy (fergal)
    white in athlone has them, depending on where your located

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭happyjack

I've tuned quite a few triggers in my time and I'd say the lads are giving you good advice to just buy a drop in hassle free part, sear bits are surface heat treated, if you go filing them they will with time wear way past the amount you intended as the metal underneat is soft, heat treatment is a very tin layer. I've found adjusting forward and rearword motion so that I could limit over travel always helps. I saw a sear once that had been rounded by an ametuer gun smith who got carried away, very dangerous. This is why I like Mauser 98 action so much, the safety retracts the firing pin and disengages the sear, most other bolt action rifle designs only block the movement of the trigger, doing nothing to stop the gun discharging if given a sever jolt. The new savage trigger looks to be the business.

All the best,

HJ:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

johngalway wrote: »
    If ya got €300 spare, Jewell ;)

I liked the x mark pro trigger myself once adjusted. I won't offer advice, as I forget which bit was adjusted and don't want to be sending you the wrong road when it comes to triggers!

Thanks for all the advice lads, appreciate it, think I'll just go with gettin a new one to save the bulls***..

Ps. sorry for late thanks' and replies lads, was away for work.

Cheers again fellas, Kay9

Advertisement