Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realtime email polling?

• 08-12-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Not sure I've used the right words in the title to describe what I'm looking for.. but here goes:

I'm on the o2 network.
    I have a Nokia E71.
    I have my own domain with email address, hosted by register365 (if that's relevant?)
    What software do I need to install on the phone/what configuration do I need to do to make the phone poll constantly (i.e. a 3-minute or less interval between checks) for new email and to 'beep' (like it does for an incoming text message) when a new mail arrives to my domain?

I have a workaround at the moment where I have my domain set to autoforward all mails to a gmail address and I have installed the gmail phone client on the phone. The drawback of this is that it can take up to half an hour for a new mail to make its way to the phone (gmail only polls my domain every 20 minutes and the phone sometimes doesn't pick up the new gmails for several minutes). I'd like the mails to arrive on my phone fairly instantly. It also means that if I reply to a mail from my phone, it sends with a gmail header instead of my own domain header. I'd love to cut the gmail workaround out of the loop and just have a mail client showing my own domain mails.

Possible? If so, how? Thanks !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Look into Google Apps. It will let you use your own domain with gmail.

Advertisement