Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HEM/PT3 thread......

Options
  • 08-12-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, have been thinking about this for a while now. Perhaps it is just because I'm doing a lot of analysing etc lately, but I keep finding myself trying to do/find something in HEM and browsing into the poker forum to have a look if I can find any info.... never do.

I know some of you guys are pretty proficient in HEM (I'm only starting to get a handle on the basics to be honest) and hopefully you wont mind answering some questions and giving some tips here.

What am I thinking of:
    Somewhere someone could find out how to interpret a certain piece of information with regards leaks etc.

Somewhere someone could put up a quick question about how to find this or that via a bit of creativity in the filters.

Somewhere someone could post up a query they find very useful so that others may also benefit.

Somewhere someone could find out how to get the best out of the software and learn from all this information at their fingertips.

Somewhere someone could post stats etc and request advice....rather than starting new threads regularly.

There may not be the interest in this that I have :eek:, but if there is, start chucking questions/tips up.

EDIT: Stipulation, when posting a question, please reference what software you are using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'll start it off with a retarded noob question:

When looking in the Sessions tab, is there a way to see how many tables you were playing during a single session?
    (Rather than looking at the minutes vs hands played, which is a bit laborious and not entirely accurate)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yep don't have it open in front of me right now but in the top right corner of your tables played there should be a drop down menu that changes how you view your sessions played and it shows your average amount of tables played in one session in one of them. Bit vague but it's there!

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Yep don't have it open in front of me right now but in the top right corner of your tables played there should be a drop down menu that changes how you view your sessions played and it shows your average amount of tables played in one session in one of them. Bit vague but it's there!

I had already gone through those and spotted nothing. Just had a look there again and can't seem to see it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Have a couple of questions of my own.

I see both HEM and PT3 have omaha hi/lo software available. Has anyone ever used it for omaha hi/lo and is it worth getting?

Not sure how valuable the stats are, or if there will be personalised stats for o8 such as split pots won/scoops/calls with A2xx etc.

jimbling wrote: »
    I had already gone through those and spotted nothing. Just had a look there again and can't seem to see it anywhere.

Ok just had a look there. In the top left corner (my bad) theres a drop down menu saying display. If you display by time it shows your MT (multitabling) ratio and the amount of tables played in a session.

• Advertisement

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Ok just had a look there. In the top left corner (my bad) theres a drop down menu saying display. If you display by time it shows your MT (multitabling) ratio and the amount of tables played in a session.

Well that's probably why there's a bit of confusion.... I dont have any option for displaying by time.

What version are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Well that's probably why there's a bit of confusion.... I dont have any option for displaying by time.

What version are you using?
    Lads here is a good idea for ye, in the question state which program the question is related to.
    I suspect Blacktie is talking about PT and Jimbling about HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Have a couple of questions of my own.

I see both HEM and PT3 have omaha hi/lo software available. Has anyone ever used it for omaha hi/lo and is it worth getting?

Not sure how valuable the stats are, or if there will be personalised stats for o8 such as split pots won/scoops/calls with A2xx etc.

I have HM running to record my 8 game hands. I don't think its geared towards O8 at all. As far as I know there's no filters for scoop/high/low. I'll have a look at it in more detail when I get home.

Daithio9 wrote: »
    Lads here is a good idea for ye, in the question state which program the question is related to.
    I suspect Blacktie is talking about PT and Jimbling about HM.

Thanks... I did think this might have happened all right. But when you reverted to the options been at the left, which they are in HM, I thought we were good.

Yeah sorry I'm talkin PT3 here.

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    I have HM running to record my 8 game hands. I don't think its geared towards O8 at all. As far as I know there's no filters for scoop/high/low. I'll have a look at it in more detail when I get home.

Yep its completely useless for O8. You can't filter by A2 hands,cant see how often you scoop or get quartered etc, can look at low hand strengths and how you do with them on various boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yep its completely useless for O8. You can't filter by A2 hands,cant see how often you scoop or get quartered etc, can look at low hand strengths and how you do with them on various boards.

I'm a little clueless on HEM. Do you have Holdem manager, or Holdem manager Omaha, or is it the same package?

Both, they're the same package, but buying the Omaha license allows you to import and few Omaha hands.

Just in case anyone is interested (not sure judging by the responses to this thread), but I found the following thread on HEM forums. It's brilliant, not sure why I didn't check there before.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=12420

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Regarding PK3, I downloaded it the other day but it won't work for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but anytime the window comes up with the server/password info, I press connect and it just doesn't work.

Anyone else have this problem?

I can't use HEM as I'm on a mac.

Cheers/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

It is possible to run HEM on a Mac using parrelles or something similar, im not familiar with PT3 though sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BOBBB

Since HEM is constantly importing new hands,should I put the HH file on my external hardrive and always use that when playing instead of waiting till it take up space?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Regarding PK3, I downloaded it the other day but it won't work for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but anytime the window comes up with the server/password info, I press connect and it just doesn't work.

Anyone else have this problem?

I can't use HEM as I'm on a mac.

Cheers/
    I got this sorted, and all I have to say is wow, PT3 is the dogs bollox! :D

Just in case anyone is interested (not sure judging by the responses to this thread), but I found the following thread on HEM forums. It's brilliant, not sure why I didn't check there before.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=12420

dose...just went there to ask a question and they've closed the thread.

BOBBB wrote: »
    Since HEM is constantly importing new hands,should I put the HH file on my external hardrive and always use that when playing instead of waiting till it take up space?

I personally wouldn't do that, it's not worth the hassle for a number of reasons.

1) The database doesn't take up that much space.
    2) Even if it does, you'd be better off storing your movies etc externally rather than the database.
    3) External hard drives can break relatively easily. I suppose your own one can too, but the external ones are definitely more susceptible...especially if you are moving it around a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement