Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female sports teams

Options
  • 08-12-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys/Gals,

Friend of mine is looking for any sports teams that are about carlow, GAA, soccer, netball anything, adult teams by the way.

If anyone knows let me know

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

In the town or county?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Sorry meant to say in carlow town

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm fairly sure that every sports club in the town has female teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

super-rush wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that every sports club in the town has female teams.

Well if ya know of any would be appreciated. I haven't heard of any and was asking a few today. Said there should be but had no names of clubs that do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Eire Og have a womens team from under 12 level to senior. Carlow lawn tennis club have womens teams in tennis, squash,badminton and bowls. Carlow also have a ladies hockey team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I think the Blues(O' Hanrahans) have a senior ladies team too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

I think the Blues(O' Hanrahans) have a senior ladies team too.

As far as I know the Blues have the U16 up and Eire Og have U16 down. The girls play for each team according to their age, which is great. There is no "bad blood" in the girls sections. Unlike the lads eh? The lads could learn a lot from the girls football in Carlow, so too could the clubs themselves. I dont know of one club that really looks after the girls football. The best of them are Eire Og, Blues and Tinryland/Bennekerry but even they are not as good at looking after the girls as they are at looking after the lads.
    And if anyone wants to argue this point with me ......Good....cant wait..

Girls in some GAA clubs tend to come second to boys, don't get me started...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

stay on topic or I'll lock the thread.
    The OP is looking for Female Sports teams in Carlow, not the treatment of girls in the GAA.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    stay on topic or I'll lock the thread.
    The OP is looking for Female Sports teams in Carlow, not the treatment of girls in the GAA.

Theres the Christmas spirit. hehehe :D

There are some karate clubs in Carlow that cater for ladies also.
    One up at Askea run by Patsy Whelan and is on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7.30 to 9.00 for seniors.

• Advertisement

The Gish wrote: »
    Theres the Christmas spirit. hehehe :D

And santa's bringing me a ban-stick. Comments like that ^^ are not helpful and are not appreciated. Consider this your first warning.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    And santa's bringing me a ban-stick. Comments like that ^^ are not helpful and are not appreciated. Consider this your first warning.

Not helpful?
    First warning ?
    For ?

Did the smiley face not help?

I have read through the relevant pages in relation to conduct of persons adding to the progression of this site and I cant find where I made the error/
    Maybe you can explain.

I have explained via PM. If you want to discusss any further you may do so via PM. NOT HERE. Please refrain from dragging this thread off-topic anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

St Laurence O'Tooles have excellant facilities there beside the Hacketstown roundabout. They have a lot of girls there of all different abilities. Training is Tue and Thur as far as i know

Advertisement