Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation on Ranting & Raving

Options
  • 08-12-2009 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

So far I've had around 3 posts disappear from R&R in the last few months, and I'm pretty sure that none of them broke the rules. In fact, the one time I inquired as to why, the post in question was restored and no reply was given.

Perhaps someone can explain why my latest one vanished?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Could you post the links to the threads you are referring to by any chance Ok-Cancel-Apply?

Scratch that, I've found your latest post that was deleted. It was deleted because we cannot have any boards.ie related rants in Ranting & Raving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The rules are strict and strictly observed. Read the charter and hang around for a while. R&R has a small but loyal community and the moderation has always been strict. Well. Since I got there anyway.
    Muhuhuhahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Scratch that, I've found your latest post that was deleted. It was deleted because we cannot have any boards.ie related rants in Ranting & Raving.

Ok, but I didn't see that in the charter or the rules of the one-liner thread. Also it was very minor, and wasn't specifically about boards. More about the way some people post. I think I can remember similar rants about memes, recycled jokes and other poster-style related things. I'm not looking to have my post restored or anything, just wondering where the line is.

3) No personal abuse and nothing about other boards.ie posters or forums. This is not the Thunderdome and such things will get you banned.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637443

I agree that it wasn't a major infringement, but the rules are the rules. If we had kept your post in tact someone may have seen it and assume that it's okay to rant about boards.ie in general, but in a much more damaging way than your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

ok fair enough

Advertisement