Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung H1 on Vodafone 360 or the HTC Tattoo

• 08-12-2009 7:31pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am planning on getting a new phone for Christmas and my Dad is able to get me a new phone from Vodafone as he is due an upgrade.

I am torn between the HTC Tattoo, which I know is not as good as the Hero, or the Samsung H1.

Seems to me they both have their good and bad points. The HTC has lots of apps to play with but has a poor screen and only 512mb internal memory. The Samsung has no apps but a great screen and 16gb internal memory.

I do plan on using the phone as an MP3 player so the internal memory is attractive but I can use memory cards instead.

So which phone overall do you think is the better phone?

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Good question. Android is awesome, but the Tatoo's specs are a bit crap. Don't know what 360 is like but I'm tempted to get a H1 seeing as I can get one for €29 as an upgrade. Was holding out for a decent android handset but chances of vodafone getting one in the next 6 months are probably pretty slim.

Anyone know anything about developing apps for 360/LiMo? Might try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Anyone know anything about developing apps for 360/LiMo? Might try it out.

There is a competition apperently starting for the best and most useful designed app. A winner is picked from Ireland and then goes against the winners of other euro 360 app contests. Prize money for the european winner is 1 Million.

Haven't seen it advertised yet but was told by VF trainer last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The tattoo is a nice little phone, not used the Samsung. Android is impressive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sarcastix

Get an HTC Tattoo, i bought one and it's awesome, my brother bought a H1 and the HTC does everything the h1 does and much more. Plus you have an app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I recently got the Tattoo - l firmly believe that HTC have created a belter. It's a real smart phone at an affordable price.

I don't know anything about the Samsung phone - the browser is meant to be very good - I think the one on the HTC is excellent also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I've had the H1 for a couple of days now. The handset is excellent; great screen, decent camera, plays divx. However, I just put my sim back into my old G1. The superior hardware features of the H1 just aren't enough to compensate for the inferior OS. It actually works fine without a sim so I think I'll just keep it as a camera/media player.

Advertisement