Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Brown' forum skin doesn't appear to be working

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

When the forum skin is set to 'Brown', it reverts to a plain white skin.

Not sure if others are affected, but 'Blue' is working at least.

Using Firefox 3.5.5, with cache/cookies cleared.

E.G.
    temp1.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

When the forum skin is set to 'Brown', it reverts to a plain white skin.

Not sure if others are affected, but 'Blue' is working at least.

Using Firefox 3.5.5, with cache/cookies cleared.

E.G.
    temp1.JPG
    Working for me here.

Never used the skin before.

Give your browser a few presses of the F5 to see if that sorts it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I just tested it again. Changed back to 'Brown' skin and opened 2 different forums. One appears correctly and the other doesn't.

I refreshed both pages and it's not working on either now.

Odd.

Just tried Opera and MS IE browsers. Same issue.

Other than browser cookies & cache, is there anything else that can affect forum skins?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hrmmm interesting.

Well its something I'll throw over to site dev to look at
    Conor or Ross should be able to assist

This also happens with the 'Evil' skin. The rest seem to work fine.

Why is this not listed as a [Bug Report]?

Two threads here on this issue. Perhaps they should be merged and the title changed?

Would be nice to see a reply from Site Development team as well... :D

• Advertisement

Can we have a reply from Conor or Ross please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I haven't been able to replicate this yet. Until I can reliably replicate this issue, it's going to be very difficult to debug.

Since I've changed a few things which are marginally connected to styles (but shouldn't fix this problem) can you replicate this problem again just to make sure that I haven't made it worse?

I've just changed back to the 'Brown' style and it's working!

One small thing though (And this may be a Firefox browser issue), the area where you type your posts (this field) is grey instead of the usual white colour. Minor issue though and as I said, it's likely a browser issue.

boards.JPG

Thanks for the fix.

One small thing though (And this may be a Firefox browser issue), the area where you type your posts (this field) is grey instead of the usual white colour. Minor issue though and as I said, it's likely a browser issue.

That's a known issue.

Glad to have this one behind me though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

As my eye roved over the active topics this thread title caught me eye and for a split second I thought it was brown skinned people not working.

Oh the lols.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement