Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your Irish craft cider

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads-up that DrinkStore have started stocking the wonderful but rare-as-hens'-teeth Double LL cider. As far as I know they're the only shop who sells it.

I strongly recommend trying it, not only because it's very tasty, but also to convince David Llewllyn that it is worth his while offering it to off licences, in the hope that it'll get more of an outing. It deserves it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Nice stuff good to see it available to the off trade, but did the bull and castle not stock it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

oblivious wrote: »
    Nice stuff good to see it available to the off trade, but did the bull and castle not stock it?
    Possibly briefly, but not on a regular basis and not recently. The only other outlet, apart from making direct arrangements with David, is The Winding Stair restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'd try it but you have to spend €20 minimum and I only want 1 of them (cerca €5.50) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I'd try it but you have to spend €20 minimum and I only want 1 of them (cerca €5.50) :(

Buy some other beer for Christmas or drop into the shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

oblivious wrote: »
    Buy some other beer for Christmas or drop into the shop?

Where is the shop?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

What is this like guys ... Dry or Sweet.

Love to try it

It's sort of medium dry. A lot dryer than what generally passes for cider in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's sort of medium dry. A lot dryer than what generally passes for cider in Ireland.

Thanks BN I think that answers my question perfectly ... I think I'll be going for it so ;)

He does a version called Bone Dry, which is lovely, but I've not seen it in years. Back in the good old days you could buy it in 33cl bottles at his stall in Temple Bar market and have it with your pie or curry from one of the other vendors and still have money for your bus ride home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DSLdave

BeerNut wrote: »
    He does a version called Bone Dry, which is lovely, but I've not seen it in years. Back in the good old days you could buy it in 33cl bottles at his stall in Temple Bar market and have it with your pie or curry from one of the other vendors and still have money for your bus ride home.

Well the Drink Store are now stocking my 'Bone Dry' as from TODAY! "A man's gotta drink what a man's gotta drink!"
    David L.

Yaay!

Edit: cavedave has promised me a taste of your Irish wine next week. Looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Got a few bottles of this to try, can't wait to try it later on today

Advertisement