Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help restoring operating sys

• 08-12-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

This may be pointless. I have a Fugitsu Siemens PC which is giving me an error HTLDR is missing, Press ctrl alt delete to restart. It is something I think I moved from the C drive onto the D drive by mistake. I do not have the original disks to hand to re install. Anyone any ideas on how I can fix my mistake?

Comments

thegen wrote: »
    This may be pointless. I have a Fugitsu Siemens PC which is giving me an error HTLDR is missing, Press ctrl alt delete to restart. It is something I think I moved from the C drive onto the D drive by mistake. I do not have the original disks to hand to re install. Anyone any ideas on how I can fix my mistake?
    It sounds like you moved or deleted files that were critical for the os to boot causing a corrupt boot sector / master boot record. The bios is now searching for a boot sequence on your primary drive and cant find it so it gives the HTLDR error. This can easily be fixed using system discs but will not be possible without them unless you have advanced dos command knowledge!
    Sometimes you can download vendor system discs. Check siemens website, if you cant find it here it may be available on a public torrent tracker or usenet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thegen wrote: »

You mean NTLDR is missing I presume. Boot from a Windows cd, go to the repair console and copy back anything you've moved. The same can be done with a Linux live disc if a Windows disc isn't available, and you can burn a disc instead.

Advertisement