Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passright Seeking Back Payment

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

First time posting here, let's hope I'm in the right place.

This summer (April - June) I took several driving lessons with Passright School of Motoring which I eventually stopped as I hadn't the money any more and decided I'd get back to learning to drive next summer.

I paid for each session by calling up Passright and paying by credit card. Now today Passright rang me and informed me that due to employee negligence (they told me that the girl who booked my appointments forgot to process two of my payments) they now want me to pay for two sessions I took in April 2009 amounting to €80. They also want me to pay via cheque as they no longer process credit cards.

Where do I stand here? I don't really mind paying them back though it'll be after Christmas, sometime in January but to be quite honest I feel a little peeved as I'm not in the same financial position I was in April (I'm a student who works part time during the summer) and being asked to pay for something which I thought was already paid for in its entirity is a little annoying to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

robby^5 wrote: »
    which I thought was already paid for in its entirity is a little annoying to say the least.

Did they debit your cc? Why did you think you had paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Double check your credit card statements, just to be sure.

Otherwise, tell them that you are not in the same financial state now as you were then. Explain that you don't have the money to hand, but will pay them what you can, when you can. Make a payment plan (€10 a month or something). If you don't have the money, they can't demand payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Of course they can demand payment - anyone can demand payment at any time even if they don't deserve it or are not entitled to it. They may not get paid, you may not have the money to pay them but to say they can't demand money from someone who doesn't have any is a bit naieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Its annoying, I know, and not all of us check our balances all the time and just assume payments are being made.

I woud speak to the management and explain that this was a staff error and that since you are not in a position to give them that money up front straight away they will have to accept it after christmas. Also if you dont have a cheque book and they no longer accept cards offer a postal order or bank draft (in the company name only), if this does not suit they should be able to come to you for the cash, after all this is their mistake.

Also make sure that you get an invoice detailing the reason for the bill and it is on official company paper with an invoice number. A lot of chancers out there right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I've just ordered a statement so I'll know for sure in a few days. I'm also going to follow your advice and ask for an invoice, but for all the lessons I took so I can compare it with the amount of €40 payments debited from my cc.

I dont have a cheque book so I'll ask them to send somone over so I can pay in cash, which they should be able to accomodate since they have instructors operating in my area who can take cash and give written receipts for lessons (which I didnt opt for as I rarely carry cash).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'd be looking for some kind of good will gesture from them as it's their fault that the situation arose. Suggest a reduction in the bill, or some discounted lessons.

Advertisement