Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

There is a lot of heavy coughing in the crowd. Strange.

It was particularly bad in the final frame last night, especially when Higgins was at the table.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Higgins 7(19)7 Ding
    spongeman wrote: »
    There is a lot of heavy coughing in the crowd. Strange.

It was particularly bad in the final frame last night, especially when Higgins was at the table.

Hmmm, Conspiracy...?

(Or just swine flu)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, tragic brown there by John :eek:
    What a gift

JH 7-8 Ding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Dave! wrote: »
    Wow, tragic brown there by John :eek:
    What a gift

JH 7-8 Ding

How did he miss that brown?! :eek:

Pressure can do anything!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

That was an unbelievable miss alright. Did anyone see when they went into the players lounge and showed John Higgins' family, Ken Doherty was playing darts in the background with his back to the snooker.:D

Higgins' is clearly adamant to win this one after the last miss.

Well done Ding

JH 7-9 Ding

Snooker - It's a game with balls & John Higgins has certainly got them!

A ton break to make it John 8-9 Ding.

Great response by John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Here comes Jonny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

GerCPM wrote: »
    Here comes Jonny!!

Oops! The one that got away:(

Well as a staunch Higgins fan, if I had a hat on I'd take it off for Ding. :)

Well done to him, he was the better player throughout the day to be fair and he probably should have been about 5-3 up this afternoon. He done the stuff when he had to.

But GAWD! that missed brown for 8-7 will keep John awake tonight. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Another thoroughly enjoyable snooker tournament and I'm glad Ding won it(although disappointed for Higgins as I'm a big fan of his).

The semi-final last night was absolutely gripping and tonight's match was fantastic too. It'd be great to see an increase in the number of ranking events so we can get more nights like this(and weeks).

Nevermind Joe McEldery and Ryan Giggs, tonight belongs to Ding Junhui.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Excellent game of snooker. Really though Higgins had a good chance of winning it. Ding did tramendous, very humble on the aul words. Fair play to the guy. Still would have loved to see Ronnie in the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Well worth staying up for. But wow that brown that Higgins missed, incredible.

Fair play to him for getting his head together and being able to produce the break that he did in that 17th frame.

But overall Ding deserved it. Good final to follow on from the classic that was last nights semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

2 of the worse players u cud have in a final, very boring.
    snooker will continue to fall down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Oh he's back, Mr Know It All! Your views i don't think really matter here, you have showed your 'knowledge and expertise on an earlier thread. And i see you still hav'nt learned anything even after myself and connie 147 and others tried to educate you. Snooker continuing to fall? Don't make me laugh!

I'd love to whip your ass in a best of 9?
    educate me? fair enough so.
    Im not claiming to know it all. But the ratings speak for themselves and it hurts me cause I love the game with a passion. Snooker is falling down, FACT! come to reality. 6 ranking tournaments, matches with a handful of spectators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Play you? No way, your too good a player for me!! You claim to love the game? Well for someone who loves the game, you sure shoot your mouth off. Have a read of some of the other threads on the snooker link and see the changes that have recently happened in the game that i believe along with most of the top players will reinvent the game.Snooker has survived it's worst period and believe me it is far from a fallen sport.

zack01 wrote: »
    Play you? No way, your too good a player for me!

fair enough so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement