Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selection Test for AutoCAD Course

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I have a selection test for a 3D AutoCAD course with FAS on Thursday, I'm just wondering does anyone know what this test involves? It's been awhile since I've used CAD so I'd like to be as prepared as possible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

ballyrhy86 wrote: »
    I have a selection test for a 3D AutoCAD course with FAS on Thursday, I'm just wondering does anyone know what this test involves? It's been awhile since I've used CAD so I'd like to be as prepared as possible!

Is it with FAS Cabra? I'm currently doing an electrical control systems course. Had no previous background in electronics ans was worried about the assessment test. It's basically a simple test to evaluate if you're a suitable candidate for the course. If you just show a genuine interest in it you'll be fine although as you said, there's no harm in prepping in advance.
    The test itself will probably be on a computer. You'll just have to answer maybe 20 questions in a few categories. simple maths question, tech drawing questions maybe. I'm not sure of the exact format but don't worry, if you have a background you'll be grand. Even if you didn't you'd probably still make it onto the course. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

Is it with FAS Cabra? I'm currently doing an electrical control systems course. Had no previous background in electronics ans was worried about the assessment test. It's basically a simple test to evaluate if you're a suitable candidate for the course. If you just show a genuine interest in it you'll be fine although as you said, there's no harm in prepping in advance.
    The test itself will probably be on a computer. You'll just have to answer maybe 20 questions in a few categories. simple maths question, tech drawing questions maybe. I'm not sure of the exact format but don't worry, if you have a background you'll be grand. Even if you didn't you'd probably still make it onto the course. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. The test was in Galway, it basically amounted to 50 odd multiple choice question. There was tech drawing questions as you said, on identifying the 2d shape that results from a certain view of a 3d object and some area calculations questions based on unusually shaped polygons (wish I'd brought a calculator!). Then there was some simple AutoCAD questions on co-ordinates and more complicated questions on commands in the programme and the benefits of certain actions etc.

Overall it was grand, as you said it was just to make sure you are suitable and interested in the course. There isn't many places though, 11 eligible candidates missed out on the course last time around due to lack of places and they get first preference this time around. There is only 20 places. If anyone wants any more info on the test let me know!

Advertisement