Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2010

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Belgian music festival running from July 1st- 4th.

So who here has been before? This will be my first Werchter festival and I cant wait for it. Anyone have any advice for someone attending for the first time? Travel tips, what to bring to the festival, what the campsites and crowd are like etc?

I'll update this further as more acts are announced. Ticket Info: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/tickets/index.aspx?id=436

Line Up:

Thursday:
    -Muse

Friday:
    TBC

Saturday
    -Pink
    -Rammstein

Sunday:
    -Pearl Jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Mr S I appear to have stolen your thunder it seems! :D

Those threads provided great reading but it has raised some questions.

1- Where can you go to get supplies? Back into Leuven I take it?

2- Do they allow beer into the campsites? Read on the main site that they only allow 12 cans per person.

3- Which campsite provides the best craic overall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Muse and Pearl Jam both confirmed. Colour me excited. Rock Werchter is a definate for me next year.

1. Werchter has some small shops that will see you ok for supplies.
    2. Beer is allowed into campsites. 12 can limit? Not for the times I have been there.
    3. Good laugh in B4 (i think). It was the one where they put most of the foreigners (ie, not Belgians)

Bring lots of sun cream. It can be scorching over there.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at the other 2 headliners?

I'm gonna go a bit out there and say Foo Fighters. They're due a tour surely.

Kasabian are also doing festivals this year, but I doubt they could headline somehow.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Leuven is a big enough place with lots of supermarkets, that sell beer/spirits for cheap, the town of Werchter has some shops but ive always seen them packed so i never bothered.

Take as much beer as you want, they've never enforced the 12 can rule. Glass is a hit or miss, sometimes they check sometimes they don't. You'll be grand if you just stick a bottle of whatever spirit in the middle of your bag, if they do decide to check, they just pat your bag on the outside, "checking" for glass.

I'd say all the campsites have more or less the same craic, this year people from outside Belgium had to pre-book theyre campsite, think it was a choice of A3/4 and c1, so thoes where full of internationals

Ok i wasnt aware that the sites were segregated. From what i've read the atmosphere in the sites is a little hit and miss....

Ok i wasnt aware that the sites were segregated. From what i've read the atmosphere in the sites is a little hit and miss....

I found the atmosphere to be a better laugh last year in the international campsite than the one the year before. Belgian people are a bit mellow.

• Advertisement

Ok so international campsite it is then! I'm glad there is a bit of craic around the place, not like oxegen where some people just turn into savages, but a few beers and some banter must be had at night! :D

I'm dying to hear who else will be announced, and more importantly when tickets go on sale, need to get this sorted soon, that way i'm going and thats that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say Arctic Monkeys may well be another headliner, would make some sense. There'll prob be one or two big dance act names to add in there, 0ne to play after Pearl Jam. Kasabian will be in there at some stage, Enter Shikari, maybe TCV. Alice in Chains could be nice addition. Biffy clyro please. The Strokes too possibly. Potentially very good year, but must remember Pukkelpop needs names too. Wonder would Rammstein play it??

I'm think of going again. Tis a very good festival, can keep clean at it, good banter, cheap beer. I wanna go!

Rammstein would be epic!

Actually here's a question. Is it better to fly over the morning of the first day, or fly over a day early and maybe book someplace to stay overnight to get a decent spot in the campsite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sinners19

This will be my 4th year going... Absolutely love this festival!.. Seen muse there in '07 and they were amazing.

So excited to see them again, shocked at how early they're announcing names. Normally dont get the first til late Dec-Early Jan.

Roll on Werchter 2010:rolleyes:

I can't see Arctic Monkeys headlining Werchter, co headlining at the very most.

I wonder which dance acts they will get this year, Daft Punk would be beyond amazing if they tour in the Summer.

Campsites open at 8AM on the Thursday, unless you want the campsite thats closest to the festival, theres no need to go super super early.

Try to arrive before 1PM and you'll be grand. Music only starts at about 4/5PM on the first day (ends later) so theres no rush.

Ryanair and Aerlingus both have 6AM flights to Brussels.

Yeah, maybe so, but ya never know, they were high up in '07(behind Pearl Jam only).

Soulwax, Faithless, Chem Bros....they'd be some of my guesses, actually, Basement Jaxx too maybe.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Soulwax, Chem Bros

2manydj's were beyond amazing last year so to see them under the guise of Soulwax would be great. The Chemical Brothers of course are always good.

If Porcupine Tree happened to be touring they'd be a wonderful addition.

A little something for the ladies. Pink has been added for the Main Stage on the Saturday.

Is that headliner or what?

No idea but I hope not.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    No idea but I hope not.

Yeah there'll be some big dance act after I'd say.

Trying to list bands who will be added. Obviously go with some of what Roskilde has lined up, it'll be them(NOFX and Pavement). Then I think Enter Shikari will play a part, Pendulum, Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, the Strokes, Rammstein, Machine Head, Tiesto, Scooter, Lily Allen, Biffy Clyro.

Will try add to this list.

EDIT: Pink playing Pinkpop, along with Rammstein. Let the travelling circus roll on, I foresee something great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Rammstein would be epic!

Actually here's a question. Is it better to fly over the morning of the first day, or fly over a day early and maybe book someplace to stay overnight to get a decent spot in the campsite?

We flew in the day before and booker a hotel and then made our way to the camp site on the morning of the gig.
    Also on the Sunday night we had the hotel booked again to ensure a decent sleep before the trek home.
    It was great as we just got a bus home after the last gig and fell into a comfortable bed.

Not a bad plan. I don't like waking up early on a Monday morning, packing up a tent, to then make the long trek for a bus and then having to queue for it to then be sandwiched onto a train to Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Werchter was great last year. Might try Roskilde instead though this time.

Decisions...

Haha, very odd last day regards this festival. WAs floating in my mind whether to go, then there is the (distinct) possibility of Rammstein being added. Early evening, go to cousins house, he tells me his are more concrete plans of going. I tell him I might be. Friend on facebook tells me 'f*** this, I'm just gonna go Rock Werchter'(big PJ and Muse fan). I tell him I'm interested, we should get a group going. Then KABLAM! within 5 minutes, another friend is telling me he wants me to organise a trip to a european festival again, once we get a group. I tell him of what happened today, and so its now pretty much sorted that there could be a large group attending.

I like this.

• Advertisement

Rammstein on Saturday

Safe to say that Pink wont be headlining on the Saturday lol

Rammstein on Saturday

Safe to say that Pink wont be headlining on the Saturday lol

Pink followed by Rammstein...this is shaping up to be quality!

Jesus Rammstein!! A band i've always wanted to see but they never ever play Ireland.

Ticket info is now up on the main site:

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/tickets/index.aspx?id=436

Is it all e-tickets then? I'm not a huge fan of those, would much rather be posted out an actual ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Was hoping Rammstein would play Graspop. Still, the lineup for this is shaping up nicely, though the stuff on during the day probably won't be my cup of tea.

€200 for 4 days all in isn't a bad price though imo.

The introduced the e-ticket thing last year, basically they say anyone outside Belgium/NL has to order e-tickets (cuts down on tickets getting lost in the post)

But someone just went and ordered physical tickets and still got them shipped.

E-tickets are grand though, much easier and nothing to worry about.

Not to impressed with the ticket price increases, its around e200 now including all service charges for a 4 day combi with camping.

Still alot cheaper than Oxegen though when you put it into context.

Says the early-bird tickets go onsale from the 12th til Jan 6th. Will it sell out then? A little worried to say the least.

Green Day on Friday

Green Day on Friday

:eek:

They put on some show. Christ I cannot wait for this.

I have to say the line up so far is rock solid. I thought this years line up was superb but they are looking like they will outdo it next year.

• Advertisement

Muse:D
    Green Day...bit meh for me, but as ya say, good show
    Rammstein:D
    Pearl Jam...oh mother of lord:D:D

Thats a hefty lineup already. WIll be only a few more bands I would really enjoy at a guess, but still...impressive!

Advertisement